Alpine Blotched Bluetongue localities

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Peter.

Can you be more specific as to the locality of that specimen?

Cheers, zen

Another photo of an Oberon blotchie, sorry for the poor focus.

Like I said very poor focus, but look's kinda evil doesn't it?
In a nice kind of way ofcourse :twisted:

That's wicked Parko.

Freaky shot 8)

I like it. :)

P.S - Nice specimen too.

Very nice colours and action shot (shame about focus but its all good)

Sorry Zen, she was handed in by an English backpacker so locale was sketchy, She knew it was south of Wagga.

Thats true but like I've said before, I'm not the hortoculturalist, my mum is, so I'm not interested in the grass LOL

PS You might be interested to hear Pete, today a couple of us guards and the first aid guy rescued a seagull at Luna Park. It had a fishing hook through its beak which we removed and cleaned up and one of the guards here also takes in sick animals so she will give it antibiotics for a while and release it again. i've now been bitten by a snake and a bird in one day. No pics sorry.

Thanks Peter.
she was handed in by an English backpacker so locale was sketchy, She knew it was south of Wagga.

If that's the most detail you have, then that's cool. 8)

Just asking cause I've got this condition called maximus curiositiensis. :wink:

It's fatal to cats but eternal students (like myself) seem immune. :lol:

No worries zen, Steve Sass in Wagga seemed to know a lot more about the type and their general locality.
I spent a bit of time trying to get the details. I am absolutely sure I saw her boyfriend on theta Rolf Harris animal hospital program with a pair of blueys in britian.

oops put up one pic from yesterday up again sorry. Got another pic anyway. All the blueys are nice. Its great to see such variation in colouring all in one thread. Has anyone got any more pics?

re Alpine

Very nice dave,pity they get run over so often,i like the various local blotchys.Took afew pics of the ones with the red flush F left M right blue mountains form and two males ble mountains form.The males were fighting and carrying on big time this year,ile have to see what happens with the young females zen i have seen deformatys in one or two year old? fem blotch a friend had and most died. :)

Zulu that one top left has a lot of red around his head? Yes they certainly do get run over, it amazes me there is any left. I get to see a a lot each year as I live in a rural area and they come in near home. Often on the roads around here too. I have been thinking of making a pit and buying some if anybody has any?

re Alpine

Feb to march is when most alpines are born dave so thats the time to look for them advertised,was a few around last year.Problem is they have big babys but fewer than eastern blueys,i should have some but i wont be selling them all off.Steve bred his lowlands early but he lives up north and ive seen some alpines advertised as being bred months ago?maybe they was kept indoors.Last year was feb and they can go in jan earliest here outdoors till early march the latest.Ime sure there would be breeders of bloted in bathurst and surrounds they are so common there they must have them. :) The male and fem pic i posted came out on the bottom and the two males on top. :)

heres a couple of pics of zulus babies.

blotchedbelly.jpg

blotchy.jpg

re Alpine

Davem54 said:
Thanks for the info Zulu. I will keep an eye out. They just seem a bit expensive the blotchys.
Yeh i suppose its how you vew it,they lump all the different varietys of blotchies under one name and the average lowland blotch compared to a highlands animal is like a diamond python to a average coastal carpet in color.If Glen Shea was to separate them it would be a nitemare anyway with people carying on about intergrades and stuff i can imagine really.In the book reptiles of the highcountry they talk of the true montane type apparently in NSW and a smaller type with yellow blotches in some areas they have many localities listed.Sorry i cant find the book to get the details but someone will know like superpete,good read anyway. :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back