Antaresia stimsoni mutation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is this the only 'morph' stimsons python???

Are any other morphs known in Australia?

Very nice, that will be a nice morph to watch out for in the future

Thats unreal, colouring up very well.

I am dead keen to get my hands on some of those......

Looks like a T+ albino to me, it's very similar in colouration to a Latta line T+ Childreni.

Should be very interesting to see the offspring once it's bred

Yeah mate looks like a caramel to me. I breed T+ childreni from the Latta line and that little guy looks exactly the same to me.
T+ is of course a recessive mutation and I'd guess that someone put a T+ childreni over a stimi a couple of generations back to produce hets and this one came from a sibling to sibling pairing of those animals??????
Very nice!

Attachments

• IMG_2381.jpg
    IMG_2381.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 691
Last edited:
Very interesting Fishead. I wonder if this indeed is what has happened?

That Stimson's python is most definitely a T+ specimen. No 2 ways about it. I've seen the same thing in Children's pythons.

Albino children's and stimson's would be something to behold. Or maybe even albino ant hill pythons ;)

I was chatting with the owner/me mate of this Stimmy colour mutation and here is his thoughts...

(Note he is not a member of this or any other forum as he is not big on computers hence my relay)

Yeah that stimmo is most likely a t+ albino. But that term is really ambigious, basically any animal with less melanin than what is 'normal' (and what is a 'normal' stimmo?!?) can be considered a t+ albino. So by saying that it is most definitely a t+ albino is correct but its about as meaningful as saying its 'hey thats a pale looking animal'. As for this animal being related to a the Latta line t+ albino's, well there's a lot more than one gene that can affect the production of melanin and I doubt it's the same one personally. In real life this little fella doesn't look much like a caramel children's of the same age. Caramels seem to look light brown with purple spots, when you see this guy he's basically white with pale orange/pink blotches (i reckon he looks darker in the most recent photos). I guess I'll be vindicated when someone crosses the two and ends up with one crazy looking snake! Not saying I've got plans to cross them, but someone is bound to in the future we all know that.

What I'm really excited about is the potential this snake brings to the hobby. I mean with all the different types of stimmo's around, think of what people could do by crossing them to snakes like this! Lets just hope I'm lucky enough to breed a few more and release them out into the hobby so people can try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back