Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Benan

Reaction score
hi

can people who have geckoes post some info about them, im thinking of getting some but dont know the different breeds etc :p

My Thick tailed gecko's are awesome.

I keep mine in a small click clack containers with coir peat mos as substrate. A little rock waterdish with some pebbles in it - a terracotta pot for them to hide in (which they use and love) and lots of crickets every second day. Heat mat is on one side of the container.

You'll love them!

Attachments

• 100_5594 (Large).jpg
    100_5594 (Large).jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 100_5590 (Large).jpg
    100_5590 (Large).jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 133
I have a robust velvet gecko, quickest thing on the face of the earth, no way I would ever dream of trying to get it out and handle it! definately a species for viewing and not handling!

Cheers

My Thick tailed gecko's are awesome.

I keep mine in a small click clack containers with coir peat mos as substrate. A little rock waterdish with some pebbles in it - a terracotta pot for them to hide in (which they use and love) and lots of crickets every second day. Heat mat is on one side of the container.

You'll love them!

How much for knob tailed gecko hatchlings?

I have a robust velvet gecko, quickest thing on the face of the earth, no way I would ever dream of trying to get it out and handle it! definately a species for viewing and not handling!

Cheers

Hehe thanks for the info ! :p

Hey Teni,

Just letting you know that U.milii like it best at 26 degrees, nice and cool. Definitely no need for heating in QLD until winter comes around unless you have them in air conditioning, the hatchlings weren't heated at all with me.

They are looking good!

:0)

Generally they aren't cheap! The cheapest I would think are marbled geckos, around $35 each I believe.

If you want something cheap go for blueys.

well.. i was going for turtles but i recon i should buy some before hand so i have some experience with reptiles.. :p marbled geckoes?

Hey Teni,

Just letting you know that U.milii like it best at 26 degrees, nice and cool. Definitely no need for heating in QLD until winter comes around unless you have them in air conditioning, the hatchlings weren't heated at all with me.

They are looking good!

:0)

Hi Saz - air con is on all the time :)

We live like polar bears lol

It also depends what knob tails you are after. 3 lined knob tails (N.levis levis) generally go for around $120-150 each hatchling. Then you get to the more expensive ones like the rough knob tails (N.amyae) which tend to go for around $300- $400 each hatchling. if you are after a gecko or 2 then i recommend the thick tails (U.milli) to start off. They are relatively easy to keep and arent too expensive (can normally pic some up for around $70-$100 each). They are very attractive geckos as well....im picking up a young pair in a couple of weeks. cant wait. goodluck mate

can you pick some up for me too............i really want one.

If anyone is interested I have 2 hatchie Northern spinytail geckos $110 each or $200 for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back