Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The light I have had mh globes, I dont think I can get led to fit them? I have a few tanks, as well as the snakes, lizards, turtles etc etc. Im not too stressed at 35c a day as most of it is used during the day which is when the solar is at its best but I still want to have a look at cheaper options. Im also thinking that just with the globe replacement and cost it will be worthwhile. I might try and swap it on an aquarium site, someone might want it for a sw set up. Thanks for the info though, I think I might get some of those globes for the turtles and other fish tanks. How much are they and how long do they last?

Oh and do they have much of a uv output or would i still need two globes? Sorry for questions, I just dont know anything about them.

Last edited:
New jardini and his tankmate the albino goldspot pleco

IMG_0384.jpg
Better shot of the jar (never stops moving so is tough to get a good shot of)
IMG_0396.jpg
Better shot of the pleco
IMG_0383.jpg

It takes me about 10 minuts to load up those films Venomous1111 on my computer lol. Looks good but it's amazing what they come up with.

And my computer keeps freezing.

It looks nice having big fish in a simple tank like that, so you can see the way they move.

Last edited:
True I'm not sure on the mh setups I've never used them,it was an easy swap for me I had t8 fluro setups when I bought the tanks and just swapped the tubes a bout a month ago.. No too sure on the cost of the tubes as I get a friends dad , to get most of my aquarium gear for wholesale price.. The uv output and life and I've looked into before but can't remember of the top of my head as it was for my cichlid tanks so I wasn't to caught up in ratings I'll have to look into it for ya and let you know..

This is another good site for all types of lighting especially leds.
Light Globes, Fluro Lights, Light Bulbs, Halogen Lights, LED Lights, CFL Lights, Fluorescent Lights, Bug Zapper, Party Lights, Christmas Lights, Downlight, Australia, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Brisbane, Queensland, NSW, South Australia, Wes

It takes me about 10 minuts to load up those films Venomous1111 on my computer lol. Looks good but it's amazing what they come up with.

And my computer keeps freezing.

It looks nice having big fish in a simple tank like that, so you can see the way they move.

lol sorry mate, very simple to do but makes a huge difference in the clours of the fish and the brightness of the substrate all round just a whole lot better especially if it's a display tank..

New jardini and his tankmate the albino goldspot pleco

View attachment 256716
Better shot of the jar (never stops moving so is tough to get a good shot of)
View attachment 256717
Better shot of the pleco
View attachment 256718

Nice Saratoga mate, time to start breeding goldfish.

Yeah they look amazing..

Cheers for that, Im struggling to find info on them..

No problems I'll look into it tomozza an get back to ya I think yu'll find the tubes will be around the 60-80 mark.

another good cheap way to light up a tank is to install sun lights above the tank, I had one setup like this and it looks good the light in the tank is always changing looks good when clouds are going over,

I found a bit more info, about 70 I think and 50,000hrs life :D

Sunlight is good but when someone else decides they want the tanks moved!! hahaha

I had another idea, could I set up filter medium in the overflow section of the tank and just use a pump/power head to take the water back up to a spray bar on the tank?

Last edited:
doh! I feel asleep on the chair lol.

Nice Jardini!! I would start to get close with the lady at your safeway fish dep. Banana prawns all the way you will have him huge in no time not too costy also. I have 3 fish that I feed the prawns and its 5$ per a week but thats including a mangrove jack 2ft, they eat double the amount a jardini eats! Just be carefully because once you put them on prawns going back to pellets can be hard.

The DIY Leds looks nice! I like that price tag also lol.

You cant get MH>led globes but your fitting might have the T8s on the side? You could use the LED tubes in there and not run the MH, My understand with the tubes is they use a little less power then what a normal t5 tube uses but put out double the lighting and last as long as leds. Just be carefully with your lighting on fresh water, if you go too over kill you will get algae issues and you cant really grow many plants with an oscar lol if your after just lighting for the tank not growth of plants etc I would go more down the LED flood light path.

Not too sure what you mean with the return line? Bio balls in your overflow box with no sump? I used to do this but still with the sump, you have to be carefully as your media can get clogged up depeding on what your feeding and how large the crap the fish produce is. I am not 100% sure how big the area is but you may end up with not enough media. getting mech media in there will be tricky also. personally I would still go with the sump ;P

Inter Zoo 2012 Nürnberg - part 1 | Facebook

Inter Zoo 2012, Nürnberg - part 2 | Facebook

Inter Zoo 2012, Nürnberg - part 3 | Facebook

;)

Great links.. Im just going to clean up my drool now....

Yeah I figured as much, I came across a pic of one done like that but it seemed odd.

I am still cleaning mine up ;P Really is amazing what some people can do with the planted side of this hobby.

If I get feeders for the jar it'll be barra fingerlings - better and healthier than goldfish. He already takes prawns from my fingers. I intend the staple foods to be Hikari food sticks and Massivore pellets. Just hope the bastard doesn't jump through the lids as they're only normal glass at the moment. Will probably have to weight them down somehow because there are Asian house geckos everywhere here and I don't want to come home to find him on the floor after jumping for a feed.

I just came home to a electric blue with a mouth full of eggs do you guys think I should put her in a tank of her own or keep her in the mixed community tank an take the risk?

If you aren't fussed if the babies get eaten then keep it in communal tank :p

I just moved my RTC out of the pond and into a larger tank ( should do him for the next year or so)

829c172d.jpg

If you aren't fussed if the babies get eaten then keep it in communal tank :p

True, I would like to keep them for my planted tank so I might move her into her own tank an see how she goes.

I just moved my RTC out of the pond and into a larger tank ( should do him for the next year or so)

829c172d.jpg

Very nice, how big is that tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back