Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Twitch I went to Aqeus or STK. Was alright I like there hybrids and some nice looking fish there but the prices are ridiculous!! I was speaking to the owner about the 10x2x2 in the driveway, he wants 2500 for it not delivered, the seams in the tank are almost gone so that whole thing has to be redone. the stand was a bad looking one and the worst part is you can get a new one on cabinet for less. lol apart for this was nice.

Really liked all the ponds out the front and side the display counter tank was sweet to!

Got my marine tank coming tomorrow :) Went with a 6x2x2 was going cheap all setup it. Also drilling the rest of the tanks tomorrow so we shall start with the 2 7ft sumps to run the rest of the room. once this is done getting a tier made for the spare tanks going to run them salt water :) just worried about the water stuffing the roof up. Salt water can be nasty if not covered well.

Hahaha yeah it is but I like their set up a lot. Have to get on their good side. I havent been in a while so I havent seem the 10 in the drive.

ah it looks old as hell lol. the silicone is almost gone. apart for that was nice but haha.

Super nervous, will my sump leak or not dun dun dun lol.

Hahaha ahh fun. It shouldnt leak though should it?? :p

Im looking for a tank now to make a sump, hoping to get it already done but if I have to Ill make it myself.

Ive also decided some of my turtles are weird, I bought 6 fish for the (about an inch) and put them in one tank yesterday and all 6 are still there.

I need more driftwood.

Last edited:
If anyone wants a few free electric blue fry I've got about 50 that are just coming out of the mums mouth, I'll be stripping her soon and feeding them up and should be ready to go in three weeks or so, pm me if your interested.

Well Twitch I went to Aqeus or STK. Was alright I like there hybrids and some nice looking fish there but the prices are ridiculous!! I was speaking to the owner about the 10x2x2 in the driveway, he wants 2500 for it not delivered, the seams in the tank are almost gone so that whole thing has to be redone. the stand was a bad looking one and the worst part is you can get a new one on cabinet for less. lol apart for this was nice.

Really liked all the ponds out the front and side the display counter tank was sweet to!

Got my marine tank coming tomorrow :) Went with a 6x2x2 was going cheap all setup it. Also drilling the rest of the tanks tomorrow so we shall start with the 2 7ft sumps to run the rest of the room. once this is done getting a tier made for the spare tanks going to run them salt water :) just worried about the water stuffing the roof up. Salt water can be nasty if not covered well.

What light setup did you end up going with for your reef setup?

get my 4x18x20 back on the weekend test fill after repairs and make sure it holds water and step the 2 foot up to that tank get it all settled in before my sleepy cod and eel tail cat go in there

gunna be aiming at having plenty of structure for this one

and as much aus native stuff as i can get ahold of plant wise

going led lights aswell

should be good when i can get the fish in there

Sent from my iPhone

Well it was still leaking last night but I had some underwater silicone left so I reresealed it underwater :) so far seems good its quite weird working under water with silicone lol!

I am thinking of putting my fish in with the turtles :D I decided not to buff the water seen tons of turtles living in water right from the tap treated with prime. just worried about my fish eating the turtles head off :|

as for sumps I may be able to get you one. I have one sitting outside buts it a 7ft bit too big!!! Is it for the 5x4x3? (right size?) I would go with a 4x2x2 if so. or 3x2x2.

I went with cheap LEDs, The guys showed me there tanks and sold me lol. 120$ a unit second hand, they said if I go 18 deep I can grow anything easily. So queen angel in my bedroom and corals outside :)

Underwater silicone? I have never used it.

Yes for the 5ishx4ishx3ish tank so i was thinking 3x2x2 but I dont mind going 4x2x2, probably better.

I scored another turtle set up yesterday so looks like Im getting more soon and I bought another snake today. Ill put some pics up in the woma thread.

yeah its costy. U ever seen tanks with black silicone? thats it works under water also. I get it cheap but the one lfs i have seen it in goes for 80!! Its like cement but once it is dry theres no pushing it down even getting in there with a blade is a bit of a push!

I may have a spare 4x2x2 starphire u can have cheapish its drilled too so w.c will be easy. just need to order some glass for baffles. I can even put them in if you want lol. Have to see if I cant fit it anywhere but first =P I am running out of room sadly.

That would be pretty cool but starphire for a sump hahaha... Ahh Ill see what I can find hey, I scored another turtle tank this week, have to re seal it but its a 4ft, I might use it but Im prob going to get more turtles soon.

Although if you have a starphire I can have cheapish I might swap it with one I have running and use my old one for the sump.

Last edited:
mate rates twitch ;) I dont try to make cash of people i like haha what size is your one? When i get back from moving this 8x3x3 tank I will check it out gonna be a fun day :( 18 stairs and the a 40mm gap between the door frame and the tank yay!!!

40mm, plenty of room hahaha..

I have a few 4 fts running so i can swap it over with one of them.

I want a 6ft to do a native set up soon as well but have to sort out a ewd enclosure first, running out of room.

Last edited:
Yes it was actually 2cm per each side !! from 9am till now I just walked in 5 steps to go down also like dam I am surprised we are not dead! girlfriend also left me a note telling me to get a life =(~

I have to check tomorrow sorry man today was more then expected. I felt like the hulk but lifting the whole side of the tank alone and being the slimmest guy there !!

What natives u thinking of? I might have a spare 7ft you can take dirt cheap lol. its not the best looking but add a 3d background and its great looking! has sealed holes on the back. started drilling it then noticed we had the wrong sized drill bit.

Hahahaha nice, yeah I get the rolled eyes often...

I havent decided yet but I have a soft spot for archers although I do have a tank of Victorian natives planned out.

Yeah cool, well Ill have a think, got the woma this week and building a wall of enclosures as well so I have to figure stuff out. I really should learn to do one thing at a time.

haha yeah I know, I need to clear out one of my sheds so I can make stuff in there and in the house, full of random stuff like furniture, beds, weird light fittings, moutain bike, bmx im never going to use, broken mower, wheels (i have no idea where they are from or what they are from), even found an old skateboard of mine in there today.

Unfortunately they are not big enough to build a set up like yours in though.

cant beat a native tank next fortnight i start my native set up for the sleepy cod just need something active like a barra but im not too keen on another barra had too many of them looking for something differant thats just as amusing to feed lol

Sent from my iPhone

I am not 100%, just whatever can be housed with my guppies and Bn's

So I guess my question is, are there any nicely coloured natives that can tolerate 24 degree water?

Also are there any shrimp that would be suited to my setup?

(2 foot tank, 7.0ph, 24 c)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back