Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when responding to a certain post use the "Reply with quote" button.

thanks for that mad_at_arms.

Hey,
Thanks for the advice.
I should have some geckos over the next few weeks, just depends on what hatches on time etc

Okay, becuase im getting a terrium for some geckos on 31st of august and im hoping to buy some then if you still have some in stock what are incubating at the moment?

Nice garage you have yourself Jesse!!
;) Cheers man I think todays the first night I will get to sit in front of the tv in 3 weeks baahaha. Big start tomorrow. 3 tanks to move, I might send you a txt if we go past your area.

This is a tank I have recently set up
It has Guppies, Albino Brisstlenose, Peppermint Bristtlenose, Goldspot Brisstlenose, some Bumblebee Gobies, feeder shrimp and Cherry shrimp.
Its only early days but so far everyone has got along lol
100_2603.jpg

Nice little tank, looks good. I just had one go on me and start leaking and making 'awesome' cracking sounds. Quick drain and fish into a bucket, bit of water on floor but nothing that cant be fixed. Set up new tank, moved fish, nice relaxing night.... Lets hope it all lasts till tomorrow!!

This is a tank I have recently set up
It has Guppies, Albino Brisstlenose, Peppermint Bristtlenose, Goldspot Brisstlenose, some Bumblebee Gobies, feeder shrimp and Cherry shrimp.
Its only early days but so far everyone has got along lol
The green and white plant in there is not a true aquatic and will probably die over time (2-3 months)
[h=1]ALUMINIUM[/h]
Pilea cadieri.

Care Level: Easy
Lighting: Moderate-High
Placement: Background
Suitable For:
Aquarium Only
Depth: Fully submersed
True under water plant? No
Water Temp: Tropical - 22-28°C
PH: 6.5-7.5
KH: 3.0 - 8.0

Propagation: Cuttings

Maximum Size: 40cm

Maximum Width:20-30cm
Origin: South America
Family:
Acanthaceae

Although not a true underwater plant, the Aluminium is popular plant for the aquarium. It is fast growing and looks terrific as part of the background in your planted tank.

Does best in a tropical tank, but many customers choose to use it for cold water setups - often for feeding purposes. Good looking plant that provides plenty of refuge for your fish and adds a certain dimension to the background of the tank for 2-3 months.

The green and white plant in there is not a true aquatic and will probably die over time (2-3 months)

Yeah I found that out as well after I bought it, the same shop also sold me some Purple Waffle which is in the same category, Im going to leave it in there for now but once it starts dying il take it out.
Thanks for the info :)

Can we Keep Red Tailed Catfish in Australia if so where can we find them ?

yes we can, they are looking at making them noxious. finding them can be hard, i would make sure you really want one before going out and buying. RTC require a massive tank and a lot of food.

I used to be right into my fish but moved to Sydney and a small apartment so no longer have the space for so many tanks :(

Here's some pics of old tanks and fish...

4-6.jpg

Picture7642-1.jpg

c-5.jpg

gjgjg.jpg

Picture553-2.jpg

ijij.jpg

male-1.jpg

CallochromisPluerospillus.jpg

Picture412-1.jpg

Picture1015.jpg

This is the only fish I have now :)

DSC_0779.jpg

Pinoy what species is that spitting the fry? Does anyone know?

Are can't see the pics on my phone, bit From memory, I think I posted the Triglachromis otostigmas.

Its nothing out there but set up a spare tank (one of mine broke and I put the fish in one of the other tanks but set it up in case he didnt get along with the other guys) so I decided bugger it and set it up with some little guy's yesterday and today. Its just a fun little tank in the kitchen. Nice to have something half planted (even if it's only half done so far) that wont get destroyed lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0391.jpg
    IMG_0391.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0392.jpg
    IMG_0392.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0368.jpg
    IMG_0368.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0380.jpg
    IMG_0380.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0382.jpg
    IMG_0382.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 75
Nice one twitch, what's the big plant up the back and are you using aquasoil? what type of lighting you going with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back