Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a look at the rainbows.

Maybe glassfish as well. Just check the ph etc levels they like and should be pretty easy to match a few little schooling fish.

There are also victorian rainbows but I cant remember where I found them, might be livefish site. You can comfortably raise your temp to 25/26 with guppies and bn's if you want as well.

Last edited:
haha yeah I know, I need to clear out one of my sheds so I can make stuff in there and in the house, full of random stuff like furniture, beds, weird light fittings, moutain bike, bmx im never going to use, broken mower, wheels (i have no idea where they are from or what they are from), even found an old skateboard of mine in there today.

Unfortunately they are not big enough to build a set up like yours in though.

hehehe I know what thats like. My room i went over 4 skip bins of junk !! Hey you can always just build a bigger shed, I better shut up here or your girlfriends going to hate me too, I give people bad ideas women always tell me :(!

For some reason there are two small sheds here, I have considered turning it into one larger one but I wont build a third or the dogs wont have as much room.

I give myself enough ideas hahaha.

I am not 100%, just whatever can be housed with my guppies and Bn's

So I guess my question is, are there any nicely coloured natives that can tolerate 24 degree water?

Also are there any shrimp that would be suited to my setup?

(2 foot tank, 7.0ph, 24 c)

Rainbows can be kept anywhere between 22c - 28c, You could add some red cherry shrimp an see how they go with the rainbows ( cheap,around $2 each) as long as the shrimp are over 1cm they should be fine.
Is the tank planted?
Have a look at some gouramis, mollys and danios
Here's a couple of places you can get quality rainbows.

Livefish.com.au - Australia's aquarium fish home delivery experts!
Majestic Aquariums - Sydney’s leading aquarium retailers online, Australia wide!

Last edited:
2217 eheim canisters. Figured some turtle people may need some etc bt I cant post sniff sniff.

I will get pictures up getting a 5x3x2 tank also most likely then I am finished for good!!! Selling lots of tanks off anyways.

2217 eheim canisters. Figured some turtle people may need some etc bt I cant post sniff sniff.

I will get pictures up getting a 5x3x2 tank also most likely then I am finished for good!!! Selling lots of tanks off anyways.

No worries

What do you guys think about uv filters? I have never considered them until now and I only am as I may be running multiple tanks on one sump and Im thinking they would stop something spreading from one tank to another if it ever happened. Would it be a waste of money?

Anyone?

Last edited:
mmmm it all depends twitch, some people love them some hate them.

they do work, but some bacteria the aquarium ones are not strong enough to kill. the only down side with UVs is your fish wont have an immune system and they also kill good bacteria. so if a disease does occur your fish will be very weak having a low immune system and most wont be able to fight it off.

I personally use a 1-2 month QT (quarantine) method which I find is great. but some people dont want to run one tank just for sick fish nor can they wait to add them to the display tank. I just prefer having stronger fish.

squirtle hit the nail on the head there.

As long as your tank has good filtration and maintained properly then it's not neccesary.

Yeah I have been arguing with someone about the immune system, they are saying there is no proof but if a fish isnt subjected to small amounts of nasties, just like other animals, I dont see how its immune system could be as strong. That and the fact that the globes need changing etc I dont think Im a fan, I just wanted some opinions. They work on uvc dont they? Or is it just large amounts of a and b? I didnt think they were too bad on the good bacteria such as filter media bacteria? I thought they just targeted solid particles so to speak. Ahh I think Ill leave them alone, too many questions and maybe's lol. Yes I have a qt as well, only 2.5ft but does the job.

Yeah I have been arguing with someone about the immune system, they are saying there is no proof but if a fish isnt subjected to small amounts of nasties, just like other animals, I dont see how its immune system could be as strong. That and the fact that the globes need changing etc I dont think Im a fan, I just wanted some opinions. They work on uvc dont they? Or is it just large amounts of a and b? I didnt think they were too bad on the good bacteria such as filter media bacteria? I thought they just targeted solid particles so to speak. Ahh I think Ill leave them alone, too many questions and maybe's lol. Yes I have a qt as well, only 2.5ft but does the job.

Not sure on the light spectrum they use most likely uv-c but as squirtle said they do more harm then good overall.

Do you mean on line becuase if you do check on LiveFish and chack out fresh water and look at the rainbows because most of there stock are natives rainbows.
Im the one that ring you up the other not about the geckos..

i have been breeding cherry shrimp at the moment and there will go alright with the BN's and guppies and im breeding guppies at the moment as well.
When are you going to have the geckos in stock so i can see what you have ?

Last edited:
Do you mean on line becuase if you do check on LiveFish and chack out fresh water and look at the rainbows because most of there stock are natives rainbows.
Im the one that ring you up the other not about the geckos..

i have been breeding cherry shrimp at the moment and there will go alright with the BN's and guppies and im breeding guppies at the moment as well.
When are you going to have the geckos in stock so i can see what you have ?

Who's this directed at?

lol I think it was regarding the 'what colourful natives can I add' post but a bit random

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back