Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zobo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard more about jags in Oz?
Everyone is aware that there are rumours of illegal lines smuggled into the country being bred and offspring will be for sale soon......good luck to whoever is first trying to sell them, the rumour mill will be working overtime!
But what about this aussie line of 'jag-like' carpets?
anyone got any pics of animals they are working with to get similar looking animals?
I will start with one of my jungles, 'jinx'. He was a freebie believe it or not and was a tiny litle non-eater when I got him, now he is a cracker and has a great 'jag-like' pattern. He was supposed to be palmerston jungle.
In the flesh he glows and is so much brighter than all my other jungles. Hopefully net year he will breed with a girl or two!
jas

Attachments

• jinx 1.jpg
    jinx 1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 260
  • jinx 2.jpg
    jinx 2.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 297
  • jinx 3.JPG
    jinx 3.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 250
  • jinx 5.jpg
    jinx 5.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 341
Nice! I bet whoever gave him to you is now thinking "God damn it..." lol.

I think a lot of the Aussie reduced patterns that get posted on here look as good as any Jag....

I don't think we can really kid ourselves into thinking we can match the best Jags...YET. There are definitely animals here that look as good as the average good Jag and a few more generations I think we will be a lot closer and the presence of 'real' Jags either makes the goal easier or harder depending on what side of the purity fence you sit on.
If anyone has some that look like these please could they let me know :)
That snake of Zobos really does look much nicer in the flesh, not sure why he wouldn't accept the $50 I offered him to take it off his hands.
Jag.jpg

Tiger_Jag_2a.jpg

yellowJag.jpg

red_hypo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ash, you can have him for $50 and one of those ugly darwins you have ;) LOL

jas

That top picture boa is awesome,i cant understand why he wouldnt take the 50 of you,better luck next time,ha,ha...

nice one zobo. that second pic looks a bit like an atherton holdback I bred (and kept) last season. hatched 10-02-2008
Im just looking to try and breed some nice jungles and not really working towards a jag type though :D

colin-albums-colin-picture3792-dsc00599-hatched-10-02-2008.jpg

No problem Jason, you mean this one ? :) That's a very nice Jungle Colin, I see why you held it back.
striped_darwin.jpg

ooooh I like that one ash :D very nice mate.

thanks. she actually has a full dorsal stripe from back of the neck to the tip of her tail.
Still colouring up but I hope turns bright yellow :lol:

man jags make me melt!! i want one soooo bad, absolutly stunning animals. nothing beets a nice jungle jag!
im just waiting for the day somebody comes forward with them, will be interesting and it will imo have a huge impact on the hybrid debate. if they are here i dont really understand why they are so secretive about it? its more legit then the GTP situation will ever be, atleast most of them actually originated in australia, anyway that is for a whole other debate. as said it will be hard to compete with these guys until we actualy have them available, which as siad it shouldnt be to long now.
the best examples i have seen would be joels animals but there are a few that are also extremely nice, such as zac's and junglefreaks!
here are some stuning jags, obvisously not mine unfortunatly. but possibly a look into the future??

Attachments

• 07babies.jpg
    07babies.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 277
  • pinkphaseGJ.jpg
    pinkphaseGJ.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 234
  • CIMG2702a.jpg
    CIMG2702a.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 258
  • jag2-1.jpg
    jag2-1.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 238
A carpet with the jag gene. Which is a co-dominant mutation, the homozygous form is a leucistic.

LunaLu said:
sorry if I sound dumb (very new to the snake world) what is a JAG?

Jag is short for Jaguar, and, going by waruikazi, is a natural mutation that results in a reduced pattern, similar to albinoism (where it is a lack of melamin).

Here's mine, getting a mate for him this year.

Attachments

• Picture206-1.jpg
    Picture206-1.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 182
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back