australian panther

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

do u beleave theres a panther

• no your crazy

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • yes i do beleave

Votes: 36 31.9%
  • ive seen it

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • i beleave theres something

Votes: 36 31.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I saw it but didn't have a camera or phone or video camera on me, yet i was out bush bashing/herping/taking pictures but i didn't have my camera handy at the moment where i saw the elusive black panther.."

Put it to rest guys...if these things are rumoured to have been around since the 40s or whenever they were apparently brought over as mascots..don't you think that in over a decade there would be at least ONE good image..?

well im 100% sure that there here on my property i just cant find them but then again i havnt been looking i hope i see 1 tho

Ha! That is very convincing. You haven't seen them but you know they are there. Sounds like the local school here, blaming goannas for killing their chooks. They never set eyes on a single goanna on their grounds but they know it was definitely a goanna.

I have heard alot of stories. My dad told me about the possible escapee from the Circus in Northern New South Wales. I've also read about some sitings and footprint sitings around Brisbane, In one case, there was a kangaroo, shreaded and nearly fully guttered in a tree with big cat footprints all around the site.

I have also seen footage of a big cat siting out near Charville, supposedly, yet there was a car with Qld licence plates. Its a really exciting mystery actually.
See a few video's of Deer's and the like being taken by big cats, supposedly being in Victoria.

Me and my dad, while hunting have seen many huge feral cats, we saw one, that would easily be up to the knee's. Yet, feral cats can get quite big, so it could just be a mistaken identity.

pics, or it didn't happen...simple as that

Ha! That is very convincing. You haven't seen them but you know they are there. Sounds like the local school here, blaming goannas for killing their chooks. They never set eyes on a single goanna on their grounds but they know it was definitely a goanna.
lol i no it makes me sounds crazy but i think its there i wasnt asking for any1 to beleave me but theres a few that have seen them so yer

Is it normal for a kid your age to still have imaginary friends? :)

My story sounds crap I know. lol. When I was much young I was walking with my brother and uncle. We did have a video camera. We were just walking along then suddenly my uncle stoped us. We were by water, can't remember if it was a river or not but it was a wide stretch of water and on the other side was a large black cat drinking. It noticed us to and unfortuently all that my uncle got on camera was the cat taking off, very blury it was over ten year ago now so the camera wasn't unreal. I was only a kid so I can't remember where or when or how big the cat was but my uncle and brother still remember the day very clearly. I'd like to believe they are out there and the today tonight footage is very convincing but people see and hear funny things when they are scared. i'm sure we have all heard aboout psycho super agressive snakes that chase people after all.

hahahaha ur sff m8 so even the all the people here a nut cases

Yes, yes they are...no one has any proof so really everyone who believes is in the same boat as people who believe in aliens, bigfoot, easter bunny, santa? ..and so on
Everyone has their own story...doesn't necessarily make any of it true.

This is one I stumbled across quite some time ago. She came charging out of the bush towards me gnashing her teeth and making growling sounds (like Grrrrrrooooowww…grrrrrr….grrrrrOooOOoh – something like that). I don’t know whether you can see her in the photograph I snapped, but it’s clear she was some form of black cat. I’ve been camping out (continually) in the area where I spotted her in the hope of seeing her again. It’s a fearful job, but by God someone has to do it! ;)

AustralianBlackPanther01.jpg

hahahah well next time u go im comming if where catching big pussies like that

hahahahah psml well some1 had to make a joke and yer shes looks like 1

im curious as to why people think its so impossible for there to be ANY panthers, leopards, pumas or whatever in oz (apparantly as impossible as the lochness monster which has never even been proven to be a real creature), yet its common knowledge theres ridiculous amounts of burms, retics etc in oz.... it may be unlikely, but escapes and releases of such big cats have been recorded..... so is i as impossible as alot of ppl seem to think? i definatly doubt that.
i think there has definatly been ALOT of mistaken identities and botched photos and even made up stories, but who knows, i wouldnt be overly surprised if there were a handful of them around.

my brother his mate and family recon they saw one in rural victoria about a month ago.

Yes, yes they are...no one has any proof so really everyone who believes is in the same boat as people who believe in aliens, bigfoot, easter bunny, santa? ..and so on
Everyone has their own story...doesn't necessarily make any of it true.

Comparing big cats in Australia to such things isn't even remotely a good comparison seen as big cats actually do exist, it's just that whether they are in Australia or not is debatable. For it to be comparable it would be like aliens, bigfoot, easter bunny and santa do exist but only in certain countries :p.

It could be a long shot but take into consideration Australia is a viable place for a lot of exotic species, you can't tell me it would be 100% impossible for a big cat to survive in Australia there is plenty of bushland out there and big cats are naturally good at virtually disappearing into cover, have you watched documentaries on them? (Besides lions)They don't stand out in the open plains screaming "HAY GAIZ LOOK AT ME OVER HERE I'M A BIG CAT LOL".Some are so elusive they are pretty much only filmed by setting up cameras that are left for periods of time. They are made to be stealthy.

I don't believe they are 100% out there, but i believe it can be a possibility.

i forgot to mention that just 2 knights ago all 9 of our chickens where slaughterd and 3 were found headless in the padock next to the chicken pen. the chicken pen is wire mesh 1x1 inch and berried 1 foot under ground level all the way around and it stands 7 foot tall so the chooks couldnt fly out and dingos and foxes couldnt jump in. the gate was still locked too. everything is pointing at the black cat. so far over the years we have lost alot of chooks and cats and birds and my auntie lost her dog and a farmer down the road a bit complained about claw marks on his cattle.
My old german shepard could jump 5-6 foot easy and it could climb chicken wire fences
When she had puppys she broke them out of our yard and took them on a camping trip
She visited a farm bout 5km away got into their chicken coop and beheaded 10 or chickens but did not eat one, she was then chased of by the farmer disappeared for another 5 days or so then came home with all 8 of her 8-10 week old pups
all in good health
point is that there is plenty of animals capable of this, quols for example

Just a feral cat.
With the amount of shooters out there, you would think there was some hard evidence by now if it existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back