axanthic calico bhp??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Corey, As Smithy said 'calico' seems to be the closet "descriptive" term that fits for the moment purely because of the spirodic white/apricot patches. I wouldn't call them hypo, that term is thrown around far too much already imo. The closest thing to a hypo BHP I have seen is some we bred a while ago. Even with the reduced melanin under the chin/head and the absence of black on the body I still won't officially call them hypo until I see the results of this season's pairings. I sold some females to a mate a few years ago that are brighter than the one below... Still kicking myself but atleast they went to a mate.

redfemale.jpg

hypocropped.jpg

Yeah mate I love Swampie's female, anything different gets me excited (as do most 'standard' BHPs for that matter). Ta Corey.

Definitely 73, D has some awesome BHPs. Would love it if he lived in Aus, I'd be knocking on his door looking for a hatchling trade!

Den, Ssssmithy,

Thanks for clearing that up and putting up pics. I can definitely see how you can loosely call those ones 'calico' now. The pics on the first page of this thread just threw me because I couldn't see any white patches. It just looked hypo to me. That being said I would take the one I reffered to as hypo over the others any day. She is IMO a magnificent snake. I love her colours. I have always loved the colours in the one in your signature block Den. I have often found myself thinking about what I would give to get one that colour.

Thanks again guys.

Corey.

No worries Corey, ta for the nice words. That female is even better in the flesh! Needless to say my security is top-notch and so is my aim...;)

There are a few around that are similar. Neil has a very nice female, you've seen Swampie's, Kel has some from the same bloodline, not sure if they have changed though and I know of a few others. Wild looking animals...

EDIT; That aim thing was by no means meant for you. I'll send you a pm mate.

EDIT; That aim thing was by no means meant for you. I'll send you a pm mate.[/QUOTE]

bahahah take those crosshairs off me!!:lol:

but yeah no worries mate, and dens right shes a stunner in the flesh,very trick snakes indeed.

ta, smit.;)

No worries Corey, ta for the nice words. That female is even better in the flesh! Needless to say my security is top-notch and so is my aim...;)

There are a few around that are similar. Neil has a very nice female, you've seen Swampie's, Kel has some from the same bloodline, not sure if they have changed though and I know of a few others. Wild looking animals...

EDIT; That aim thing was by no means meant for you. I'll send you a pm mate.

With a collection like your (and that just the ones I have seen shown on this site) I'd want top notch security too. Don't worry I didn't take offence to the comment about your aim. Even if it were aimed at me I've got thick skin lol.

With a collection like your (and that just the ones I have seen shown on this site) I'd want top notch security too. Don't worry I didn't take offence to the comment about your aim. Even if it were aimed at me I've got thick skin lol.

Oops that came off sounding like I think I am bullet proof. That's not what I meant. I meant that I can handle a harsh comment thrown my way. Damn you really have to watch what you write don't you because it is so easily taken out of context.

Haha, definitely not "aimed" at you mate. Maybe should have edited that part instead of trying to clarify....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back