Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. But that hybrid sure gives most morelia a run for their money in the aesthetics department.

Eh... I can't stand ball pythons and I can't stand hybrids even more. I would take a Granite Irian Jaya or a bredli over that hybrid any day.

What an awesum looking snake.who cares about the what's,why's,who's and when's of ball pythons....yes i would love to have one,even a cross breed.why?because they are different again to what i have already.none of my snakes do i have 2 of,except my bredlis,why,because there is so much nice native stuff to collect,like a diamond in the sky.,that i can't bring myself to dble up,when i could get someting different again.

Over here in America they pay more than that for ball pythons. I remember when they bred a Fire to a Fire and made the first Black-eyed Lucy ball python. They were selling for like $50,000 a piece. Heck, Albino Carpet pythons are like around $8,000 or so and Albino jags are around $15,000. I want a Zebra Jungle and they are like $3,000 lol. BHB is a big breeding facility and they do hatch out a lot of snakes every year but it doesn't cut down on prices, unless you want normal ball pythons or some morph that came out years ago.

That's crazy...

theres a clip on youtube somewhere summing up ball python morphs, and their prices in general
if i could recall it's made by snakebytes tv

looking at the snake in general, imho it more of a conversation starter/novelty
pattern wise not half bad
colour wise, a black n gold jungle would probably beat the living daylights out of it

As a fashion accessory you probably cant go past a ball python
But they are as vacuous as some models are
Nice to look at but absolutely zero to try to enjoy
There are spider morphs etc available here but they simply do not act like other snakes do
You could sit one on your hand and it will not move until you move it
Drape it over your arm and it stays there like a piece of fat pretty rag
I have strong feeling that that is a major part of their attraction for some people
It looks a bit like a snake
But has the characteristics of play doh
So you can say 'Ive got a snake' to impress people yet you have none of the potential dramas others have [and absolutely love], with real snakes like chondros carpets retics olives etc etc

I like it :) I think it's ok to try these things every so often as long as the hybrids aren't bred.
I want a scrubby crossed with a gtp! I know itll never happen but i can dream...

I love the colours and patterns, it looks amazing.

I would love to keep ball pythons too. I have always loved them, growing up in the UK they were always available, but i got a corn instead :(

That is so cool, because I hate how ball pythons are so fat, but I like the patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back