Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll never understand why people jump up and down about Bear, but won't do the same thing about the commercial meat industry... I guess cruelty to animals and slaughtering them for food inhumanely is only unacceptable when it's on TV, and not on the dinner plate.

But it's not on TV! What he does isn't pretty but it is not inhumane.

I'll never understand why people jump up and down about Bear, but won't do the same thing about the commercial meat industry... I guess cruelty to animals and slaughtering them for food inhumanely is only unacceptable when it's on TV, and not on the dinner plate.

The thing is he doesn't need to kill anything . . I think it would be ok to show how to capture the animal but to kill it for food which he really doesn't need, doesn't seem necessary . .

I could go out and buy all my meat, but i choose to go out and hunt for atleast some of it. What is wrong with that?

I don't think he'd get away with killing any animals that were vulnerable or endangered anyway! I'm pretty sure he'd have to contact whatever the country's government is and tell them his intentions. Besides when he's in NT he lets that olive python go doesn't he? I don't see the problem with him killing when the damn country's Government tells him what he can and can't kill!?

But it's not on TV! What he does isn't pretty but it is not inhumane.

I could go out and buy all my meat, but i choose to go out and hunt for atleast some of it. What is wrong with that?

I think we're agreeing, Gordo :p

What I mean is that people get up in arms about him humanely (if not prettily) killing a few things in the wild, but don't do the same thing about the commercially processed piece of steak that they're gnawing away on while watching the show! I agree, he's not doing anything inhumane, and certainly, our countries' commercial meat industry is having a far more devastating impact on our environment, and undoubtedly raises more animal cruelty/welfare concerns, than BG does.

I think there's nothing wrong with substituting some of your meat with hunted over Woolies. I just think it's a shame people expend all their energies on hating this guy rather than the bigger problem.

Last edited:
i think bear grylls is finally starting to win people over on this forum

I should have written 'grill', as in "How many bears would Bear Grylls grill if Bear Grylls could grill bears".

last time i checked, i was an omnivore - and so is the majority of the worlds population. people require particular sustinance to survive - unfortunately, it's at the expense of a life.

I like tree's, but i need lumber for my house.

Reptiles eat other mammals and bugs.

Bear Grylls isn't illegally killing animals, he is hunting and not wasting. he eats them. He's demonstrating survival skills. Get over it.
If you don't like the graphic nature, don't watch - and if you don't agree with him eating animals, i suggest you take up your complaint with human creation, because we're designed to eat meat. Stop being so 'precious'...

In Australia at least every kill and the way it was killed had been fulled authorised and licensed by the wildlife authority of the areas that he operated in. Most likely there was even a uniformed officer watching him do it.

I'm 'precious' because I don't agree with Bear Grylls killing for ratings... I need that on a shirt.

Bear Grylls

I think Bears shows are great! He kills the snakes and other animals for food, not just cause he hates them... it shows people basic survival skills and he never makes an animal suffer when he kills it. If it was a species which was nearly extinct I would be up in arms though

lol this thread has gone from "oh he's an idiot from killing those poor animals" to "we all kill animals for food" to "I don't agree in killing for ratings" to "he's teaching the public how to survive"..... APS my diagnosis is that you have bipolar and should be on heavy medication ;)

lol this thread has gone from "oh he's an idiot from killing those poor animals" to "we all kill animals for food" to "I don't agree in killing for ratings" to "he's teaching the public how to survive"..... APS my diagnosis is that you have bipolar and should be on heavy medication ;)

But then we'd miss out on the quality flame-war... I uh mean... discussion. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back