big big problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See what their argument is, or if they even have one and then get legal advise if you need to. I don't see an other option.

Well, regardless of what occurs in the meeting - what are they going to do about it?

Civil/Tenancy law is not my forte, I do however have experience with Criminal Law and it is well and truly outside the realms of legality for them to enter your premises let alone remove anything from it, and they will definately be aware of this...

I wouldn't concern yourself overly with the outcome (besides the frustration of people's ignorance) as has been pointed out they really have no legal standpoint to base this decision on and as such will have no way of proceeding further if you simply refuse...by all means, be calm, polite and base your argument on facts, if at the end they still come to such an absurd conclusion - tell them where to shove their decision...

Part of the probelm is that all these people are still going to be neighbours. I know how unpleasant it is to have one neighbour making trouble because they are snake haters. I can't imagine living in a comples where everyone was out to get me because I keep reptiles.

yeah mate thats true i just guess i never thought id come across this problem ive had snakes for 4 years and had snakes in this house for 2 years and never had a problem all it took was one old lady if worse comes to worse adam said he would take em until i can get a new place somwhow i think i have a pretty powerful arguement but at the end of the day i just dont know whats guna happen i dont even know how this lady found out as i am very cautious i dont go running aroung with them or anything

Slither, if I were you I would invite the old bag and the guy around and be nice as pie. Tea, biscuits get some of your really small pythons out and explain, be the best host and most polite young man in town. You might avoid yourself a lot of hassel and make her look like an idiot for going behind your back. If not you look good for not reacting in a bed way but positively trying to rectify the situation.
Good luck and remember she is probably an uneducated old bat who thinks that everything she cant control is out to get her.
SL

Old ladies in the street are always nosy pests - and stubborn as mules...I don't like your chances or turning her to your way of thinking but you may have a decent chance with some of the board members - at your meeting let them know they are welcome to come and check out your setup and see your snakes etc...

Stick to your guns, ultimately even if the decision doesnt go in your favour, what can they do? Tell them you sold all the snakes or if your anything like me, tell them you bought more and they can jam it. Legally there is very little they can do.

Rest assured in the fact that she will die before you.
Jordan

what you must do is have a wittness with you on monday a must, so you have someone to back you up and thay must be carm too ,cheers all the best you will be right, keep carm don,t let them bait you

Slither,
I am a Body Corporate Manager, if you like you could send me a copy of the relevant by-laws, and I can help you blow holes in their argument. I am fairly confident from what you have written here, they do not have a leg to stand on

hey slither
maybe you should talk to Newbie and see if you can learn any of the in's and out's with Body corp seing he said he's like to help and he is a body corp manager.

I think this hole situation is crap and I am sure they have no right to remove any protected animals from your property its ilegal and if you were to take a scaily friend with you to the meeting frind out if its ok to do that from Parks and wildlife first, maybe you might be able to get someone from them to come with you for proof and there point of keeping reptiles. I don't know but stick with it and don't give in your in the right and that old hag is just like everyone these days, she just has no life and lives to make everyone else unhappy because she is. how long has she been living there?

inside your place is only your business and no one else you own it and everything inside it, not her and most defenitly not body corp.

good luck mate

Jody

Slither, if I were you I would invite the old bag and the guy around and be nice as pie. Tea, biscuits .

Maybe he should make it some of those 'special' cookies!! ;) (she may forget what she was complaining about.)

Seriously good luck with it, i don't know how you will go with it but i would be putting up a fight.
There was a recent case here in Sydney where strata got involved with people smoking in the unit they owned.The people who owned the unit above complained about the smell.
There windows were sealed and airconditioning installed, but still the people complained.
The result was the smokers had to move out of their own home!!!

Or perhaps dig up some dirt on the old girl.

If you own that house and there are no laws from the council restricting what you keep, then that old prune's got no say in it at all!!!
Just because she doesnt like somethin that you own doesnt meen that you have to giv it up.....
Remember you have just as many rights as she does.....just cos she's old and stubborn, doesnt mean she has more power then you!!!!
If you have to giv your snkes up that is bloody rediculous......that just annoys the hell outta me, and all I ca do is sympathise cos its not just an animal or a hobby...its a pet, just like a dog and a cat, and if you have to giv em up cos she thinks shes in danger, when in fact theyre less harmless then a dog......its just pathetic...

Good Luck Mate!!!!

One thing I would ask her is, How did she find out?
If you don't take em outside and show em off to neighbours etc.......

My body corporate told me that as long as it lives in a cage its allowed.

its not like u have venemous snakes or anything so tell the old bat to stop her whining. :)

Good luck today Slither. I hope you stay focussed and defiant.. Don't let them push you around. We all wish you the best.

hey guys how are you all i was on the phone to my lawyer and they have said a phone call to me to say i have to meet with them the body corp is un suficcient i have to have this complaint in writing and also the body corp has to send me a letter reguesting me to meet with them and show me that they received the complaint in writing also so until this happens they have absolutely nothing and i have received none of these

thats good to here so in other words you don't need to go to this meeting at all till they supply proper proof.

laws are on your side good do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back