Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

banana_loki

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here, I'm from Brazil, so, I'm sorry but my English is terrible.
today I saw at a pet shop, some childrens python and I liked, I saw a common and paterless, I'm thinking to buy one...but my question isn't about pythons
in Brazil, I used to have Boa constrictors, does you know if in Australia is permitted (legal) to have Boa constrictor???
is is possible, does you know where I can find in Brisbane?

thanks

No exotics are allowed in Australia unless you own a zoo.

Only australian natives, like the Childrens you saw.
But if your looking to buy, check out private breeders before you purchase from a pet store. Will save you about half the cost, which can then go towards setting up a nicer enclosure for your new boy/girl.

Hey Banana_Loki, so now you know that only native reptile species are legally permitted to be kept privately in Australia. Since many keepers here are only familiar with keeping Aussie natives, tell us as much as you can about your experiences keeping Boa Constrictors. Its a novel concept to many of us!

hey guys......again, sorry about my English..
so, in Brazil I had corn snake, king snake, milk snake and BCC...I sold almost everything when I decide to come to AU, but I really love them, is really easy to keep BCC, I have some friends that are breeding this season and some friends bringing from USA to Brazil (illegal), but they're bringin new morphs like snow, motley, albino, etc...
when I bought my BCC, she was a little baby, about 1 month and even small, use to feed with adult mouses, 1 mouse every 10 or 15 days...in 8 months she was 1.2 meters and eating big rats, I don't know the name in English, but we call "mercol"
corn snake, king snake and milk snake is really ease to keep, the only thing is that king and milk snakes are cannibal, so you need to keep separate.
if u have any quastions about them, please ask me...

I have one question about the pygmy end childrens python, does you know if when the snakes are a little baby, we can feed with baby mouse or need to feed with little lizzards?

and if is possible, does you can tell me some pygmy and childrens private breeders ?

thanks guys

dude your English is better then mine you normaly start of with pinkys thats your best beet but every 1 has there own thorts and i think its illegal 2 feed em lizards then again im not to sure on that 1

and do you have any photos of your old snakes id love to see them

hey guys......again, sorry about my English..
so, in Brazil I had corn snake, king snake, milk snake and BCC...I sold almost everything when I decide to come to AU, but I really love them, is really easy to keep BCC, I have some friends that are breeding this season and some friends bringing from USA to Brazil (illegal), but they're bringin new morphs like snow, motley, albino, etc...
when I bought my BCC, she was a little baby, about 1 month and even small, use to feed with adult mouses, 1 mouse every 10 or 15 days...in 8 months she was 1.2 meters and eating big rats, I don't know the name in English, but we call "mercol"
corn snake, king snake and milk snake is really ease to keep, the only thing is that king and milk snakes are cannibal, so you need to keep separate.
if u have any quastions about them, please ask me...

I have one question about the pygmy end childrens python, does you know if when the snakes are a little baby, we can feed with baby mouse or need to feed with little lizzards?

and if is possible, does you can tell me some pygmy and childrens private breeders ?

thanks guys

Your english is better than alot of people on here!! LOL.

Where in australia are you? there are lots of great breeders in here from all over australia. You wont have any problems finding them!

they just need to be fed on baby mice, dont need lizards.

theres heaps of breeders of childrens and stimmies! have a look in the next few months on the classifieds as babies start going up for sale =]

Congratulations on your English, better than a lot of people on the forums!

How long have you been in Australia? What made you move??

As has been said, check the classifieds as there will soon be LOTS of baby snakes for sale which will be cheaper than any pet shops!

Thanks Guys, I'm in AU since out/10, I came to learn English becouse of my job, but I started to like here and I'm still here...haha
I'm living in Brisbane but I lived in Cairns for 6 months

Guys, I really have no idea how to post pics here, I have few pics of some snakes that was borns in my house, I just asked to my brother send me some pics of my ex-BCC and some corns and when I figure out how to add pics...for sure I'll put here.

I'm looking some adds and I'm liking more and more...hahah
I think the cage is so expensive....but...the reptiles need a cage

Beleza irmao.
Welcome! Some of my best friends are from Sao Paulo and Trancoso.
Man to add pictures click on "go advanced" then click on manage attachments. Then follow that.
I have a baby childrens python and it is patternless. It is a very awesome and cool snake!

Hi and welcome to aussiepythons :)

As many others have said your English is good...

Have a browse of the tanks on eBay and see if you can find something local: eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home decor

Also wait on the python, take the time to get the tank and get it set up first. Learn about your reptile and then worry about finding one....childrens and spotted pythons should be as easy as your corn snakes were to look after!

Have fun and keep us updated :)

I'm from Sao Paulo...good to know u have some Brazilian friends

and I told about the cage becouse in Brazil is the oposite, the reptile is expensive and normally the cage is not, here the reptile is cheap and the cage is expensive....
I'll try to add some pics now, but I have only few here in my HDD

hey guys....these are some of was born in my house and we kept but my brother have a loooot of more pics about a looooot of more snake

Attachments

• DSC01450.JPG
    DSC01450.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC01449.JPG
    DSC01449.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC02182 - Cópia.JPG
    DSC02182 - Cópia.JPG
    295.5 KB · Views: 159
  • femea 1.JPG
    femea 1.JPG
    295.7 KB · Views: 150
  • femea 3.JPG
    femea 3.JPG
    245.7 KB · Views: 159
  • Femea 5 - Amel het Snow poss. het Hypo%2C Motley DSC06190_800x600 %286%29.jpg
    Femea 5 - Amel het Snow poss. het Hypo%2C Motley DSC06190_800x600 %286%29.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 138
  • femea nelsoni.JPG
    femea nelsoni.JPG
    268.9 KB · Views: 145
  • Macho 4 - Amel Motley het Snow poss. het Hypo DSC06179_800x600 %2812%29.jpg
    Macho 4 - Amel Motley het Snow poss. het Hypo DSC06179_800x600 %2812%29.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 131
  • macho nelsoni mao 2 - Cópia.jpg
    macho nelsoni mao 2 - Cópia.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
cool snakes man! I like the stripe one!

that one is the california king snake, the morph is striped reverse and that one was the only one with this morph, the others was common

I found some pics of my ex-BCC, here she is about 5 month old

Attachments

• DSC02650.JPG
    DSC02650.JPG
    271.8 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC02657.JPG
    DSC02657.JPG
    318.8 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC02658.JPG
    DSC02658.JPG
    315.9 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC02662.JPG
    DSC02662.JPG
    262 KB · Views: 80
  • DSC02663.JPG
    DSC02663.JPG
    268.6 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC02664.JPG
    DSC02664.JPG
    268.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
wow! Beautiful looking snakes!!!!

Unfortunately you can't legally keep any of them here. Very jealous.

Amazing looking snakes. If you can look after those guys, i am sure that you'll have no problems with our pythons!

Noone has seemed to mention it, so i may as well, just in case you arent already aware of it, you will require a licence as well. I am not sure what you do in qld to obtain one though!

Welcome to the site, and the country for that manner :)

Your past snakes are beautiful, very jealous of the boas, I'd love to keep a few of those!

Your English is also very good, you should be proud :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back