Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dave, interested to know wether to 2 bhp's were found in the same region or many km's away?

So what was he supposed to give it away for the sake of the hobby just for the next person to make a mint of it?
He did what pretty much anyone else would have done, and he doesn't deserve this crap from keyboard warriors

itbites - if you got a unproven morph out of a clutch of albino olives, would Andy sell it for a nice profit ,wait 5-6 years for the girl to be breeding size or give it away for the sake of the hobby?

Sorry to say in a sitution like that you took advantage of a relatively new color morph & milked it for as much cash as you could.

I'm sure it cost you next to nothing being that it came from the wild right?...It's a shame that certain people are in the hobby purely for the profit.

12 thousand dollars for a BHP that happens to look different, genetics haven't even been established.

I'm sure the post will be deleted & I'll most likely get in drama over it but I don't care because it's bloody well true & I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking it!

Sometimes keepers have to part with treasured specimens they never wanted to when the cash flow dries up. It happens.
Most breeders run at a tight profit margin or straight up loss, and the foundation for the effort is usually fuelled by genuine passion. With the high end species price crash, making a good profit is nowdays purely opportunistic, 'weeding out' the profit seeking breeders.

As we know the bumble bee project took a hit and the female will (hopefully) be bred with another known locale BHP to determine if the colour morph is genetic, it takes time. I'd bet it is a heritable trait. Regardless it is a fine specimen of black headed python.

Cement
Considering I have seen a few hundred BHP here in over 6 years, the fact that I have only turned up 2 make me think that it is indeed a relatively rare colour morph.
Ibites
Yes a handsome profit no doubt, however if I average the costs of time, petrol licence royalities and all reptile related expenses collectively I actually run my business this year at a loss, such is life after all I picked this career.
No different to the Albino olive or the albino carpet I suppose i.e. someone made good coin of a wild collected reptile. And no offense taken by the way.

what a shame it sold i really needed one to match my transforming camaro...

Thanks to all the people who e-mailed or rang me about this reptile for sale early yesterday and of course today. Sorry to those who missed out on it but I decided to sell it to a very keen W.A keeper in Perth, which in my opinion is a good result considering there is a blanket ban on the importation of pythons into this state. I will stay in contact with this keeper and offer assistance in any way I can to help him eventually achieve what many want and that is for this morph to be reproduced for everyone across Australia to have access to in the future. Yes , it remains to be seen whether or not the yellow is recessive or not. For those that thought the price tag was high, the many that wanted to purchase it yesterday, clearly did not agree with you. I was offered a similar amount on more than one occasion for the specimen that got stolen in QLD.

Regards Dave

ummm i dont know who you are or what your talking bout, but last time i checked, im pretty sure this snake is in my reptile room and hasnt been sold yet .....

ummm i dont know who you are or what your talking bout, but last time i checked, im pretty sure this snake is in my reptile room and hasnt been sold yet .....

Hey mate , post pics of your bubble bee WA blackheaded python so we can all see it.

Last edited:
richoman
Stop talking riddles whipper snapper, if you have one as good then that is fantastic news, where is it from and please show pics of it for the punters. Imagine, 12 grand could turn your cordial into whiskey and go go girls.

Lets not let the standard of this thread get dragged down again.....

Lol, good old petty jealousy! Dave, as I have always been an admirer of your previous specimen, If I'd had 12K disposable cash, I would not have hesitated to buy her! Funny thing about money is, it's only money! You make it, you spend it, in the end, you can't take it with you.

The crazy thing is I would have spent more than 12 grand to get back the other one if I could have. I am sure in the near future a few more will turn up by somebody

Will do Roger, I can't think of a single reptile that I need to collect from the wild these days but it doesn't stop me going out looking each night anyhow. It is a very addictive past time and even when I know it is going to be an very ordinary night, I still need to go out, almost as though its therapy I need or something. One thing I do know however, is if I don't go, I will never find that albino that is out there somewhere with my name on it.

If you do find an albino with "Dave" on it, its actually mine......;)

Hopefully the new owner has success with breeding her and that it proves out to be a heritable trait.

Cheers,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back