Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:p Well on a good note & positive from the show,a young boy came into my mrs pet store askin does she sell snakes,after explaining that its illegal to sell snakes from a pet store n the way in which you obtain a licence n snakes,the boy was happy.The mrs then went on to tell the boy once you have your licence let her know & we will be able to put you in contact with bob off the show,WELL you should of seen the lil boys face she said he was beside himself with the thought of meeting bob off the t.v.Bob you must of done something right,just thought id share this with you & let you know you have a new fan,keep up the good work bob & ill be in touch when the young fella comes back in.

cheers popp

bob nice setup mate!!!
where did you get those hide caves from?

Agreed with everyone, disappointing to say the least, and my relatives were all going to watch, to try and understand why I have pythons.

I got phone calls saying 'Is that the size that your scrubby is going to get to?" I realized they meant the burmese, and spent the next phone calls explaining that the sort of snakes I keep was not a rattler or burmese, but the small segment they showed on Australian pythons.

...sigh....media :roll:

~N

Craig, the cages with the hide caves are not mine. That was a segment on snakes shot by channel 9 quite a few years ago. The Childrens on the bed covers was also part of that old segment.

I use plastic hide boxes that I imported from the USA. and the only cages of mine shown were the ones behind me.

I will try and place a few shots of some of my better banks.

Heres some of my setup that was filmed and left out.

BigGuy

Hey Bob,
Who made the banks for you? Did you make them yourself or get someone to do it to your specs? How is heating controlled?

Simon Archibald

is that a green python in the top right of picture number 2? and also i see in the first pic that you had that unusual bhp very nice. also is that the little jungle bob that you had out? And does anyone in vic know who can make the enclosures like these???

Ricko, yes that is Bob's Green Python in that pic. Lovely animal - Bob sent me a few pics of that snake and it's gorgeous (thanks Bob)

Simon Archibald

Just saw the eposide and concur with the majority and I spotted the Bredli. The rattle snake sequence was definatly set up so he would strike the mic. There is the rattler in a bad temper saying, clearly and distinctly, "stay away or else" and they stick the mic in its face.

Simon, I designed my cages and had my farther in law help me build them. They are all heated by a single white reflector globe. These in turn are controlled by American thermostats. These thermostats adjust the wattage to the bulbs every 2 seconds(like an automatic dimmer). They have a daytime and a nighttime settings and these are controlled by photocells attached to my windows. As the sun goes down they switch to night settings and when the sun rises they switch to day settings. The photo period is absolutley natual all year round with this setup.

Do you do anything to control temperature variation between different levels of the banks?

Sringherp, yes I do. I have it nicely balanced with larger wattage bulbs at the bottom moving to smaller at the top cages. By doing this all levels stay at around the same temps.

Bloody hell Bob...looks like you have a setup many people would kill for

Baritji, Thats no where near all my cages and setups, not even half

Bob

They have a daytime and a nighttime settings and these are controlled by photocells attached to my windows. As the sun goes down they switch to night settings and when the sun rises they switch to day settings. The photo period is absolutley natual all year round with this setup.

wow they sound like pretty high tech thermostats! how expensive are they? what are they called?

And does anyone in vic know who can make the enclosures like these???

www.reptahouse.com.au

top bloke, havent found anyone cheaper yet. think it was $240 for a fully wired 3 x 2 x 2. give him a buzz and let him know what you're after. his name's mimmo :)

I just looked at his site. Looks great. Do you know if he can freight?

Regards Ether

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back