Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoe,

My thermostats were purchased about 10 years ago from a USA company called Helix Controls. At the time they were the ultimate thermostats you could by off the shelf. I believe I paid around $400Aust for them back then, but they have truely paid for themselves in light bulb and electicity savings.

You can now buy a similar Thermostat that is imported from England. They are called Habistat Proportionals with the photo cell attachment. I believe the Reptile Barn here in Sydney was selling them for around $170ea. Great price for a quality item.

sorry to change the subject a little, but i reckomend mimmo too! great prices, great enclosures, what more can you ask for?

ether, mimmo can freight but atm its working out at about $60 just for a 3 footer i think and it would probably work out cheaper to find someone in your state. of course if you cant find anyone else cheaper even after that then give him a buzz! i have told him about APS and he welcomes anyone that wants to ring him and have a chat to him about quotes for enclosures and freight also so it doesnt hurt to give him a call!

wow bob i might consider giving one of them a try...sounds the best to have your lights in sync with natural light!

Yeah that site is great with the enclosures but I HATE when someone who is trying to run a business does not include any prices. It really annoys me. Sure prices would vary considerably depending on which finish, etc, but he could at least put the basi prices on. I will be giving him a call though, even if I do have to get him to freight up to here - I can't find anyone around here who can build an enclosure like that for a decent price.

Simon Archibald

good stuff simon. tell him u got his number off aps...i told him about the site last time he was here and he was gonna check it out :D

I must say that nice part of buying snake from Bob is when Bob show you the animals and his setups.

Craig, yes , only one per bank. Works very well if the cages are balanced with different wattage bulbs

Bigguy

Which level of the bank do you place the thermostat sensor?

Springherp, I have placed them on all levels. Some are on the bottom levels, some are on the top, while others are in the middle levels. Realy makes no difference as long as the levels are balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back