Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SW, being Victorian, is proberly talking about these
we pull heaps of pacific stars out of the water around mornington pier,100s,
problem is some fisherman think the nativeones are the pests and kill them to..
pacific stars have 5 arms and you kill them when you see them,,the native have between 7 and 11,these are the good guys.,.
ps .a brick would be a quick death for a cat but you would want to be up close :wink:

The truth about cats and dogs....are you a dog person or a cat person or neither?

Diary of a Dog and Cat

As seen in a dog's diary :

7 am - Oh boy! A walk! My favourite!

8 am - Oh boy! Dog food! My favourite!

9 am - Oh boy! The kids! My favourite!

Noon - Oh boy! The yard! My favourite!

2 pm - Oh boy! A car ride! My favourite!

3 pm - Oh boy! The kids! My favourite!

4 pm - Oh boy! Playing ball! My favourite!

6 pm - Oh boy! Welcome home Mom! My favourite!

7 pm - Oh boy! Welcome home Dad! My favourite!

8 pm - Oh boy! Dog food! My favourite!

9 pm - Oh boy! Tummy rubs on the couch! My favourite!

11 pm - Oh boy! Sleeping in my people's bed! My favourite!

As seen in a cat's diary:

Day 183 of my captivity... My captors continued to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.
They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction that I get from clawing their furniture.
Tomorrow I will eat another houseplant.

Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded - must try this at the top of the stairs.

In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favourite chair. I must remember to try this on their bed.

Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body in an attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear in their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat Iwas. Hmmm, that did not work according to plan ...

There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the food. More important, I overheard that my confinement was due to my powers of inducing "allergies." I must learn what this is and how I mayuse it to my advantage.

I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The
dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit.

The bird, on the other hand, has got to be an informant and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room, his safety is assured. But I have patience, I can wait, it is only a matter of time...

I couldn't care less what the animal is, if it is causing damage to the environment or our wildlife it should be done away with. Indian Mynahs are almost the most common bird here now, most of the Natives have dissapeared in a few years alone, I'm organising a trap soon and all feral birds caught will be euthanised.

If a cat comes into my yard and starts killing Native wildlife I'll give the owners a warning, but if it isn't resolved the animal will be disposed of. Cats should not be allowed to destroy our Native fauna, Cats are one of the worst intoduced species and I will not hesitate removing one to save the countless natives it would destroy unsustainably, un-nessicarily and in some cases quite cruely.

If there were feral snakes I would dispose of them too if needed, as with any other feral animal damaging our country, they're all the same.

yes i must agree quite comical, well down purplefunkything!

also i would like to stress the point that as far as i am concerned no cat is a demesticated cat, they all have the killer instinct which you can't train out of them! dogs however you can train to leave other animal alone and to make them see that they're not food or toys.

andrew

If cats have nine lives, why do I only need to squash them once? It even works on newborn kittens; try it for yourself, as many times as it takes to be sure.... then do it a few more times...each day.

jeezuz Dino, thats an astounding piece of information.
See, its fun being good isnt it?

I am pleased that the mods have allowed this thread to continue until both sides of the argument... and the grey bits in the middle have settled enough to try and understand each other on a difficult subject.

(Though I am quite happy for offence posts to be edited or removed.)

I am hopeful that I will get the opportunity to report back on this thread the outcomes of our current cat delema with our neighbours.

The thing people who say ''it isn't cats fault for having been brought here by people'' must realise is the people who brought cats here are people like you, cat lovers, people like us who wish to see feral animals erradicated wouldn't bring them here.
I believe people who do live in this country have an obligation to look after the native wildlife here, part of that is by erradicating whatever threats they face whenever possible. Feral cats are a huge part of the problem and to suggest they should be left alone as it's not their fault they are here is absurd, by not killing them because you think it's cruel you are advocating cruelty to the native species cats themselves often torture then kill slowly.

I feed my cat an array of native wildlife, I think it gives my moggy a shinier coat and stronger teeth ;) That whiskers rubbish is all filler and has no nutritional quality at all damnit! I think possum meat is also pretty lean, so I'm not supersizing the cat :p :wink: :lol:

Well, if they hit them in the head first shot it's no fun, which upsets some people, if they don't, the sooks complain. It's not possible to keep everyone happy all the time, but as long as they're being shot, we should all be happy about it, head shots or not.

its not dicco!!! lol good point thought !! i am not a fan of cats :p ill leave it at that

Well if no one is a good shot then what way do we control these problem cats? Do you think 1080 fox baits are a nice way for a fox to die?

Why aren't people putting up a fight for foxes? Because no one cares what happens to foxes.
I dare any cat lover to find something nice about a large feral cat :shock: :)

Like I said earlier Steve - I don't think it's that no one will put up a fight for the foxes. I know that I for one would be just as vocal in a fox thread as I would a cat thread. But it's that fox threads aren't being posted on here - nor kangaroo, nor rabbit etc etc

I have a soft spot for any animal but i also see things realistically something needs to be done about feral cats, no doubt about it.
We owe it to our wildlife to protect them from the stuff ups that our settlers brought with them.

How many people lock their cats inside and NEVER allow them to go outside?

rotfl Moosenoose

I'd gladly put up a fight for the foxes to be killed humanely if I thought it would get anywhere and not end up in a thread similar to this one, with people sharing their "oh so funny" stories about what the most fun way to kill a cat is (legendary folks, really, you're hilarious :? ) :wink: 1080 is a horrible way for any animal to die. A friend of mine recently lost his four working dogs to a 1080 bait which as far as the local council were concerned didn't exist (well they said there were no 1080 baits on private properties). His dogs were (like most working dogs) very well trained and wouldn't have wandered far enough away to have come across the baits in an area where they were supposed to be.

It's necessary to kill feral cats, I'm not arguing that point. However, it should be done humanely.

duga i was just about to mention the so called ''humane'' methods that are used by the authorities, my own dog was killed by 1080 and i can tell you if the dog would have had to be shot twice to kill it it still would have been better off. People think farmers and people in rural areas that are being hit hard by feral cats have the time to go round setting traps and then driving feral cats to the vet for a supposed ''humane'' death? Rural property owners can however invite shooters onto their properties for a bit of feral cat hunting and it helps the problem, each cat they shoot saves the lives of thousands of native animals, that is the important thing.
I had feral cats in my backyard, parents and kittens running around everywhere, they all met their end with a bullet in em, other than one which i killed very quickly and humane enough with a sharp blow to the head. Now a few years later i have blotched bluetongues and dozens of birds returning to my front and back yard. Should i feel bad because we used a gun instead of a needle? Bugger that.

im surprized cat people are so selfish the reason cats are hated so much in my opinion is because of the needless killing of all our wildlife not what they need to survive but the animals they just toy with when you see a possum attacking its own intestines because its never seen them before and thinks its something attacking it the more they bite the more it hurts etc to see an animal turned halfway inside out and eating its self is just wrong cats do this for fun .even ants have learnt to farm aphids you would think the cats would realize that what they kill today they can,t hunt tomorrow left on their own they would just kill every thing and starve to death.the only other animal i know that will play with another is a gorrillar i saw this doc on them the leader was teaching the young how to locate and destroy snare traps it would just rip the tree the snare was attached to strait out the ground like picking a flower then later they found a owl with a broken wing and they were so gentle with the thing it could of been a butterfly they had it perched on an outstretched finger and was passing it to each other this way without actually touching the bird it was so human they would slowly try and get there free hand closer for a pat and would stop when the bird panicked .im not sure what impressed me more their strenghth or gentlness. all cat people should see "the ghost in the darkness" true story of a pair of tigers that deliberatly hunted people just for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back