Cats vs rats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you had an oppurtunity to feed an unowned kitten...would you?

• NO WAY!

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • Yes.

Votes: 52 63.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
humane method of euthanasia for cats is lethabarb injection and you wouldnt want to feed that to your snake, and lethabarb is a schedule 4 drug which means it can only be prescribed by a vet. i know the gassing via Co2 is not considered humane for cats and dogs. just like it is illegal for me to euthanase a stray dog dropped at the vet clinic it would be illegal for anyone to go out and gas kittens. thats my 2 cents

justice is served

That is not justice.. justice would be getting back at all the useless people who allow their pets unrestricted freedom, who breed for the hell of it, and then abandon the poor kittens who have done nothing wrong, because they cant find good homes.

Some people are just plain reckless with no respect for wildlife, and would kill animals just for the sake of it, with no real valid reason.

Hmmm, sounds JUST like a cat!

Hey Vixenbabe If you are a responsible cat owner, than your ok.And your cat will be too.

I am not a cruel person, but I am sick of the cat killed natives in my yard and some of my own pets have been killed by neighbours cats. I don't know who the owners are because the cats just turn up. So I have a two step rule.
1. I catch the cat and stick a note on it so the owner gets the message.
2. If I catch the same cat twice, it goes to the local ranger who then does whatever.

If you have a cat Keep it in a cage.

There is no difference breeding cats for herp food or rats. If you think there is then your emotions are clouding reality. They are both just a bundle of molecules arranged slightly differently.

Some people are just plain reckless with no respect for wildlife, and would kill animals just for the sake of it, with no real valid reason.

Hmmm, sounds JUST like a cat!

Hey Vixenbabe If you are a responsible cat owner, than your ok.And your cat will be too.

That is my exact point. Humans are worse than cats, because they have a choice about their actions.

Its in a cats instinct to hunt. And usually they will eat it afterwards, so in fact they are NOT as bad as people.

There is no difference breeding cats for herp food or rats. If you think there is then your emotions are clouding reality. They are both just a bundle of molecules arranged slightly differently.

Also I dont think you can judge that, noone knows the brain and emotional capacity of these animals.

Would you say the same thing about chimps, dolphins, or elephants? If not then you are contradicting yourself.

i am not a cat person
but there is no way i could feed my snakes a kitten or cat

BROAD??!?!?BROAD???!how bout you study to be a vet nurse andfind out the ins and outs. Any one who kills a kitten dog or any thing domestic of that matter can face serious fines and possible jail.
I mean theres worse things happening than gassing kittens i will agree, but snakes dont get fed kittens in the wild so grow up and take proper responsibility for animals. Its not africa its australia. killing kittens isnt necesary but killing people like you to feed to snakes might be a better option for most of us;). Learn the real facts before you talk about BROAD again

You know what else is sad but doesnt suprise me?its mostly all guys saying yes to this poll. guys will never understand cats..well alot of them. but for you guys that love your dog (staffy kelpie)any of you guys out there love your dog?well that would be like me talking bout feeding stray dogs to snakes because stray dogs ALSO kill wildlife aswell as run in front of cars and damage cars, they attack people (cats dont) so wakeup. cats only kill in the wild as its natural , like a snake. wakeup to yourself

YES thats a great idea lets hold on to all the kitten strays and build up a cat commune........wake up get over it ...I am sure there are people out there that think you are babaric for killing rodents or feeding dead ones as you promote by having a snake-- when do you draw the line ?????? Tat wasnt saying she was gonna go into peoples houses and remove their beloved pets she was saying about the unwanted unloved animals and putting their death as a use for her snakes if her snakes dont eat em the maggots will GROW up !!! and by the way IF we had big enough snakes in Australia there would be a few crims i would like to see go down its gut ....help rid the chesters of Australia ...

BROAD??!?!?BROAD???!how bout you study to be a vet nurse andfind out the ins and outs. Any one who kills a kitten dog or any thing domestic of that matter can face serious fines and possible jail.

Yes, Broad...
Ill pass on studying to be a vet nurse, but thanks for the career advice all the same.
I killed a bunch of domestic animals this week, i doubt ill see a serious fine or "jail"
(this is Australia considering you brought it up ;))

So why cant i kill domestic animals? when many of which are domesticated and bred just
to be killed for food, think about it.

I mean theres worse things happening than gassing kittens i will agree, but snakes dont get fed kittens in the wild so grow up and take proper responsibility for animals. Its not africa its australia. killing kittens isnt necesary but killing people like you to feed to snakes might be a better option for most of us;). Learn the real facts before you talk about BROAD again

Grown up?, heck im older than you! :)
Followed up with, i should be killed and fed to a snake, well done.

If your going to argue, please make a little more effort.

and i do agree with you there RBB BUT as far as someone killing them in there own house, its illegal to do that.. if rspca some time sells frozen kittens, then cool! but thats because they have the authority, just like feeding live rats now is illegal. but they still do it.
Im saying for the ppl who think killing cats in there home in whatever way is wrong. wait for the rspca to introduce it.

age makes no difference. Grow up means use the brain you were born with. And my statemen on killing ppl for snakes is as broad as u are being about kittens. its all the same. everyone can express there thoughts. this is a poll. everyone is different as were noticing now but in all fairness, it hasnt been introduced..YET so untill then i say no

I was under the impression that as long as a Non-Native animal is euthanised humanely, it could be done so, Humanely would include C02 gas chambers which many reptile keepers already utilise as a method of dispatching other "mammals" While rodents fulfill the needs of most keepers why should a medium sized mammal which is not a native or endangered animal be exempt from the Menu?
Why should there be a different set of rules from one mammal specie to the next? Some people keep pet rats and mice, I am sure that they don't like the idea of what goes on in most snake keepers dungeons! Most young animals are cute, kittens are cute but also packed with protein, vitamins and a good deal of fibre. (the same as rodents) tree hugging will be an Olympic sport soon, And there must be some polished trunks in some peoples backyards....

Shnakey - Please point me in the direction of the legislation that makes this illegal...surely the large amount of 'Law' you study in order to become a vet nurse should make this no issue for you...

If I was to farm and breed cats for snake food production - what would make this any different to breeding rodents...?

aslan. let me explain a bit. Killing of kittens is illegal IF you are not qualified, registered or have the right needs of euthanising an animal. sure, its not illegal to do it , until someone finds out and dobs you in. thats all. Im not fighting the fact that it cant be done at all.. im sure ppl do it in there homes now because they have the "co2" which is not the correct way to kill a cat. A mouse or rat yes, as there anatomy is smaller and doesnt take much gas to kill a rat. a cat is different. But as i said when it is intoduced by animal laws then go for it. but at the moment call it illegal

Shnakey - ...I will repeat, please point me in the direction of the legislation that makes this illegal - I am not arguing it is there - but I would like to see this first hand...

I will repeat again - please explain the legal difference between breeding rodents for food and kittens for food...

Killing of kittens is illegal IF you are not qualified, registered or have the right needs of euthanising an animal. sure, its not illegal to do it , until someone finds out and dobs you in. thats all

...this confuses me - are you claiming it is illegal or not? Whether you are caught out has no bearing on whether an act is illegal or not, merely whether you get punished...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back