Cats vs rats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you had an oppurtunity to feed an unowned kitten...would you?

• NO WAY!

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • Yes.

Votes: 52 63.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
to start with you never get taught the law side of vet nursing. and aslan i thought after looking at so many of your other replies in other threads i thought you were quite cluey. turned out not seems i thought you would have more knowledge on this one. i have head office number if you would like to get the legislation law
you see books of feral cats getting shot, not kittens in shelters. big difference.
Either way im saying to do it in your own home is classed an illegal act. you ask any rspca memebr or head office or anyone for that matter and they will be shocked

either way you got your answer. its not about age nor knowlege its about whats right and wrong and helikaon already answered it to you. so either way you got your answer..i was still right.

......farming and feeding unwanted puppies...

There is a bit of an issue there - I think the original post was about feeding "unwanted/abandoned" kittens to snakes. When you talk about farming kittens, that is a whole different issue - they are no longer unwanted animals, they are animals which are specifically bred for the purpose of being food. This no longer complies with the initial claim that it would constitute "recycling" of an abandoned animal.

There is a bit of an issue there - I think the original post was about feeding "unwanted/abandoned" kittens to snakes. When you talk about farming kittens, that is a whole different issue - they are no longer unwanted animals, they are animals which are specifically bred for the purpose of being food. This no longer complies with the initial claim that it would constitute "recycling" of an abandoned animal.

JessB - ...merely a hypothetical brought up previously in relation to legislative distinctions between rodents and other animals...

This ones for the dummies
Section 5/10 and section 6/10 under the legislation of intention with animals and act of cruelty.
sit and rotate aslan

Maybe you need to get out from under the table and learn from other ppl aslan.you dont seem to be experienced in this thread

BROAD??!?!?BROAD???!how bout you study to be a vet nurse andfind out the ins and outs. Any one who kills a kitten dog or any thing domestic of that matter can face serious fines and possible jail.......Learn the real facts before you talk about BROAD again

to start with you never get taught the law side of vet nursing

Shnakey - Perhaps you should be more careful in how you word your initial outbursts in the future...and possibly take your own (hilighted) advice...

I would have been particularly surprised if this practice was considered legal - however, I have no major issues with feeding unwanted/abandoned animals - as has been stated by someone previously, they either feed snakes or feed maggots - seems a shame to waste them...

What would surprise me even more is if this matter had been discussed by legislators and enacted...

Don't be too quick to claim victory in this discussion...did you ever study high school mathematics...? You don't get the marks if your answer is right but your working out is wrong... ;)

Aslan, maths now has nothing to do with it. your just changing the subject. i got the facts and told you the facts. if your to thick to see the answer then be blind. Did you ever study english?coz maybe you need some taught to you as this thread isnt do you any favours anymore

and aslan. my initial burst was my thought and feeling towards it. just like everyone elses. so if you dont like being told the complete facts leave the thread coz so far youve brought up all the fiction because you now know nothing bout animals.

Still looking for legislation, but Im sure it differs from State to State, Council to Council regarding the laws of disposing of feral cats. (assuming you can prove they are feral before taking it upon yourself to dispose of them however you see fit)

In Vic...taken from DPI website .
What can be done about feral cats?
Cats that belong to someone are legally recognised as chattels. It is illegal to harm or damage another person's belongings under common law. Therefore, if you wish to take action against cats on your property that are presumed feral, you must advise your neighbours in advance of your intention to control cats so that they can prevent their cat wandering onto your property. A means of permanently identifying cats would obviously help solve this problem of ownership (see page 4). Spotlight shooting or cage trapping, (followed by humane euthanasia by a veterinarian), are the main methods used to control feral cats. Pet food can be used as a bait in the cage trap. Research into baiting techniques is continuing. Cats can legally be controlled in areas designated under the National Parks Act 1975.

Yeah Aslan, I mean jeez, You can't argue with shnakey's reasoning (because there isn't any!)

This ones for the dummies
Section 5/10 and section 6/10 under the legislation of intention with animals and act of cruelty.
sit and rotate aslan

Shnakey - To what legislation are you referring...? The only legislation relevant to you is the PREVENTION OF CRUELTY TO ANIMALS ACT 1979 as you are also located in NSW...

Section 5 and 6 of PREVENTION OF CRUELTY TO ANIMALS ACT 1979 define offences for 'Cruelty' and 'Aggravated Cruelty' - which obviously includes killing an animal - that is only part of the issue though...the definitions include 'Mammal' - which includes a Rat...

...this legislation (as far as I can see) does not address animals being used as food...

Let me also commend you on your maturity...

but snakes dont get fed kittens in the wild so grow up and take proper responsibility for animals.

For this reason I only feed my animals wildcaught marsupials, including sugargliders, possums and for the real big snakes Koala is the prey item of choice.

and aslan. my initial burst was my thought and feeling towards it. just like everyone elses. so if you dont like being told the complete facts leave the thread coz so far youve brought up all the fiction because you now know nothing bout animals.

Shnakey - My comment in response to your outburst was in relation to you insinuating that you had a thorough knowledge of the law...this has certainly been disproven...

I applaud you for showing some passion on this topic - if you read my initial posts to you, all I was asking for was a reference to this legislation...so far you have provided a poor reference to what appears to be irrelevant legislation...unfortunately, what I have been requesting has been "complete facts" - unfortunately our definitions of that term seem to differ somewhat...

Venus - I have been looking into it as well and cannot locate any universally accepted legislation on this topic, as you have said, it is AT LEAST differing on a state by state basis - likely differing within states...that is a very interesting post - confirming Helikaon's post somewhat that the coup-de-grace must be delivered by a Vet where practical...

yes aslan like i too have already said i know what your saying and im sorry i couldnt giveyou the EXACT answer you wanted, although 2 others have given you that answer already.
And i never said i had a thorough knowledge of the law i already said you dont study law in vet nursing ..thats a whole different sector. i was telling you as much as i new. i never said i was a pro did i?i was telling you i no its illegal but coudnt define how. which i now have
and yes we differ, like everyone butthis website i to learn and soak up knowledge which is what were all doing right now. so listen ad learn, like i am. i never said i disagreed with you but i did say i know its somewhat illegal

and what was my main point?if its brought up later in the track where they sell frozen kittens then cool.. let it happen.. untill then its not aloud to b done in anyway unless done "by a vet where practible"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back