Ceramic Heat Emmitters VS Globes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rennie, I use OZ blacks and OZ whites, I myself have never ad any troubles with them. Nor has anyone I have sold them to, if they did have trouble I wouldn't hesitate to replace them as I am confident with them.

Thanks, I'll try them again but OZ whites is one of the ones I bought before that never worked. The problem is that I rarely get the chance to go shopping (usually order online which adds the hassle of having to email, call or write then post the product back) and it looks a bit suspicious if you wait a month or 2 to return a bulb saying that it blew straight away when you installed it. I'd much rather if I could buy some that actually work first time.

One thing with Ceramics is that they take a little time to heat up, like the old fashined stove elements. I thought mine was broken when I first purchased it, just gave it 10mins or so to heat up and then it was hot as toast.... I use them because I didn't want eery red/blue lights glowing through the house, never know what sort of attention you will attract!!!!

Well seeing as i havent posted anything yet, i use 60w URS Purple on a dimming thermostat. I bought two globes at the exact same time, one lasted me a week and the other has been going for the past 2 months but the one before that went for around 8. At this stage i think i will just stick with globes, thanks for everyones comments and opinions :)

One thing with Ceramics is that they take a little time to heat up, like the old fashined stove elements. I thought mine was broken when I first purchased it, just gave it 10mins or so to heat up and then it was hot as toast.... I use them because I didn't want eery red/blue lights glowing through the house, never know what sort of attention you will attract!!!!

I don't think they should still feel cold after hours though. I hate the lights in my room too but at least red lights heat up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back