Children collected eggs!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild_Storm

Reaction score
Hi All. My daughters have bought two little (size of Pinky finger nail) whitish/cream eggs home from their fathers house. I have NO idea what they are.

WHAT can I do to ensure they LIVE??

Should I put them on top of my Snake enclosure for heat??

Two little girls thank you in advance for the your help...

Hi All. My daughters have bought two little (size of Pinky finger nail) whitish/cream eggs home from their fathers house. I have NO idea what they are.

WHAT can I do to ensure they LIVE??

Should I put them on top of my Snake enclosure for heat??

Two little girls thank you in advance for the your help...

teach-your-kids-not-to-take-things-from-the-wild
without-knowing-what-species-they-are-any-advice-will-probably-be-futile

Sorry, I was coming back to clarify BEFORE the flaming could start. They apparently came from their father's house... Out of a chair?? I am guessing Geckos. I got presented eggs in an Ice-cream bucket, wrapped in tissues.

incubate them and when they hatch take a trip back there and release them , easy!

If they don't survie the kids will learn to leave them be. :)

if there gecko / skink eggs 27c might work , without knowing what they are , could be AHGs :D

Do nothing, throw them outside. Just imagine the eggs were eaten by a bird etc. The earth wont stop, and as BB says use it as a leadin to a discussion with the kids about not taking what you dont need from nature.

it-wasn't-a-flaming.
just-a-short-truthful-response-about-educating-the-rugrats;)

I wasn't saying YOU were Bundy.

Apparently their father was going to squash the eggs in front of the children, and they can't handle animals being killed any more.

The girls say the eggs were in a chair, wouldn't they be geckos? Eggs are a bit smaller than I remember as a child though.

And no, I wouldn't return them to the Ex's house... Girls told me a Carpet Snake poked it's head out of a hole in the roof and their father killed it in front of them and left it there. Last I heard the snake is still hanging there as it rots away. I was told how he killed it, and it would have EVERY ONE on here up in arms.

BEFORE any flaming can start- THAT is only ONE of the reasons I ended the marriage. YES it is cruel, YES it is wrong, but I can't stop him. The girls were VERY upset because they knew it was a Python from seeing pictures on here (thank you to all who post pictures!) and were very upset he killed it.

Last edited:
jeez ur ex sounds like a ******* lol could you post some pix of the eggs?? might help distinguish what they are

sounds-like-your-ex-could-do-with-some-"educating"...........4x2-style;)
and-rightly-so-your-kids-should-be-upset-after-seeing-that.:(

personally,i'd-destroy-the-eggs-too.
they've-been-moved-so-temps/condition-and-position-of-the-eggs-has-probably-changed-reducing-the-likeyhood-of-survival-considerably.

Look like AHG eggs to me, seen a few around here too we have alot of them.

From memory you're out bush, so they are highly likely to be Gehrya sp. Put them somewhere with a stable temperature (for instance, in foam esky in a cupboard) and they will hatch.

sounds-like-your-ex-could-do-with-some-"educating"...........4x2-style;)
and-rightly-so-your-kids-should-be-upset-after-seeing-that.:(
personally,i'd-destroy-the-eggs-too.
they've-been-moved-so-temps/condition-and-position-of-the-eggs-has-probably-changed-reducing-the-likeyhood-of-survival-considerably.

My daughters are now seeing a Psychologist after what they have experienced from him in the last 2 years. The Psychologist wants his contact minimised... I can't imagine WHY??

I will explain that the movement may have killed them, but give it a go though. They were really worried about them. They like to protect and save animals... They go out to my Fish Pond everyday and scoop out Toadpoles or Toad eggs, leaving and feeding the Frogpoles.
My little environmentalists!!

Look like AHG eggs to me, seen a few around here too we have alot of them.

AHG? Please explain... I don't know what they are!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back