Children collected eggs!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would add water to vermiculite, try and squeeze as much water out of the vermiculite as possible and fill half way in a chinese takeaway container. Place both eggs on top of the vermiculite and leave in a a stable areas as Jonno from ERD as previously stated. I do reptile rescues in my local area and have had alot of Gehrya Dubia eggs come my way. This method although it may seem rough has always worked for me.

Good Luck.

chuck em and give ya kids a kick in the butt hey i didnt say that :D

So the best thing to do is kill them, as they are a pest species?

Totally up to you. Personally I don't like killing anything unnecesarily even if it may be a pest.

If it were me id probably just stick them back outside in a humid/sheltered area, if they hatch they hatch, if they dont they dont.

If your out west I'd agree with Jonno thinking they are a native Gehyra, and the chances of tham hatching even though they have been rolled is high if you keep them at correct moisture levels.

If they are those pesky little house geckos we get up in QLD then I can tell you that I've hatched ones I've found when cleaning out bookshelves just by putting them in a plastic tub on tissue and leaving them somewhere like the kitchen bench. I even hatched some as a small child in an airconditioned room, so chances are they could be ok. Without going overboard, a container in a warm spot on some tissue.

Thanks guys. I have them on tissue on top of the red spot in the snake cage. I won't 'kick a child's bottom because they bought them home'. They are out of a HOUSE. And just to clarify it better, the house is located on the Atherton Tablelands. IF they are AHG they can go and live in my garage... SOMETHING has to eat the spiders.

I asked about tossing them, because I was wondering if they were that bad a pest should I even bother to hatch them, just pretended ignorance and with the arrival of their Bredli, and the enclosure having been built, the eggs have been forgotten!!! HOWEVER with the off chance they may be something else I will give them a chance.

Thank you for all the positve ideas, and for all the help.

They look like gecko eggs, when we lived at our old house I found about 6 eggs like that in my bed room that had been unhatched and for the next 3 months I was putting tiny AHG outside lol :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back