Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a fella, the sooner that you understand that sitting down to pee seems to have an adverse effect on mental stability and lends itself to crabbyness and whining, the better off you will be.

I'm a girl and I've got bearded dragons and am getting my first snakes soon and it's my boyfriend that is complaining about me spending money on it. So I've informed him that I'm getting snakes no matter what... He can like it or not, doesn't phase me :) (He's been around for nearly 5 years lol)

Sorry Rahni29, but you are kind of backing up what dantheman is saying :?

Haha, true! But it's ok because it's reptiles ;)

I started off being told i can have one snake. then three now i have 12 and thats within a year.

she is not too keen on me getting a olive due to there size but ill work on that for sure:evil:

ok so i tried to convince her that i want another snake. even if i currently dont go with a jungle but still, a snake. all i got from her was "fine i dont care, you never listen to me anyway, you dont care what i say", now shes making me feel guilty. argghhh this is hard!

As a fella, the sooner that you understand that sitting down to pee seems to have an adverse effect on mental stability and lends itself to crabbyness and whining, the better off you will be.

ihaveherps, man, thats just asking for trouble!

beney_boy, your only young once, life's short - do what makes you happy.
Or maybe you could buy her one for her birthday! Get her addicted to herps.

yer i wnana get her addicted, but i think beardied would be a good start for her. its not that she doesnt like the snakes, she just doesnt want me to get anymore reptiles at all, but if it came to a cat or a dog she would jump straight at the chance.

ok so i tried to convince her that i want another snake. even if i currently dont go with a jungle but still, a snake. all i got from her was "fine i dont care, you never listen to me anyway, you dont care what i say", now shes making me feel guilty. argghhh this is hard!

I dont see whats so hard about it :rolleyes: she said she doesnt care, so go and get that snake.

Mate, with time you'll realise that the women (and men too) that you love can do a hell of a lot worse than not let you get more reptiles....

Just preparing you for the other awesome part of relationships :D

Maybe she's nesting... or looking towards the future and wants to buy a house with you or something.. A friend of mine just Cant save money to save his life, maybe thats what shes worried about?

My boyfriend and I have 3 snakes together and he suggested we get another python but I said, as much as I would love one, we do want to get a cat and two dogs in the future, plus we will have kids one day to, so we dont want TOO many things to look after lol

He was understanding and agreed with me and didnt force the issue

So I guess if your gf at your age is going to tell you no for no good reason, then stuff her. This is your life and you can do what you want with it. Trust me, you will find someone more understanding out there and it will all be for the better :)

im like that aswell, i cant save money for anything. i did save $200 but then had to pay schoolies deposit and then sisters bdya came up, and then i just felt like maccas, now i got $80 left, sucks bad. but as i said earlier, atleast im not spending it on drugs or stuff like that.

im like that aswell, i cant save money for anything. i did save $200 but then had to pay schoolies deposit and then sisters bdya came up, and then i just felt like maccas, now i got $80 left, sucks bad. but as i said earlier, atleast im not spending it on drugs or stuff like that.

on the bright side atleast you have $80 for drugs and stuff at schoolies :lol:

donks

lol the $80 is meant to be goin towards a car, was planning to save a grand but some how i think mos tof that money will go to some sort of herp

Hey if your gf reads this thread you've done about her..
you might not have to worry about her opinion at all ;)

Originally Posted by moosenoose
Someone has to clean and cook! ;)
Ooooooooh! Ouch! Good comeback ;)

What type of car does he race? I am a team driver for T.O.P. Racing Australia
He doesn't race them, its just a little bit of fun for him atm. He used to have a couple of battery operated ones, some superhornets I think. But this is his first petrol one. I think it was called a Dominator (I'm sorry I don't know much about them), which was about $500 or so, and he bought things like some different tyres, spark plugs, fuel mixes and all that sort of stuff. He likes the modification side as well. So all up he's bought about $1000 worth of goodies with it. He's pretty much just starting out and having fun messing around with it. I think racing will be in the back of his mind for a little while in the future

jasspa, id like to hear your side aswell, i guess i misworded the topic name then, it should be complaining other halfs :)
I confess, I have no problems with my 'other half' (to stay politically correct :) ) I get a little annoyed when many blokes around me whinge about their women or women in general. They will have a bitch about all the bad things that women do and depending on who I'm speaking to, I get annoyed because I have contradicted them by doing the opposite! It's just very frustrating. But anyhoo, I love the situation that I am in with my partner because we have good balance in our spendings. He does stop me from buying a lot of animals, but I am greatful for that, because I don't want to horde them... he is my reasoning and control factor. I can't get any more this year because I already have 3 newbies, but he is happy for me to use the money from my babies to help with the ones that are next on my wishlist for next year.
He buys the things that he wants as well, and I make the effort to lessen the cost of my hobby by breeding my own food and building my own enclosures and he appreciates that.
Basically our belief is that if we can afford it at some point and it will make us happy then why not!
He isn't 'into' reptiles like I am, but he loves kicking round the bush finding lizards and snakes with me... and he absolutely adores his dragon.

top question

go buy your jungle an get a bunch of roses on the way home get home tell her a big story bout how u see these roses an thought of her an just by chance the roses cost few hundred an came with a free jungle lol;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back