Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon you're taking her stance on things the wrong way mate. I'm not saying you're wrong to want the herps, but is she wrong for looking ahead in life and thinking about other things that are more important like bills?

Personally - i say get the snake and don't think twice, but then the other side of my brain kicks in and looks at the way things are - and I guess she's kinda right - like my situation - I've got 39 blueys - I don't need anymore - but that doesn't mean i don't want them. But where will they go? How am i gonna afford to keep feeding them all? I don't wanna even think about the lighting situation and how that's gonna affect the electricity bill.

It's all up to you mate - do you care if you upset her? Is the snake really worth jeopardising the relationship over? (now for Guy thinking) - Could you really go without the action? Could you easily handle the cleaning, the bills, and feeding yourself if she wasn't around?

Answer all these Q's, and you'll know if you should go get the snake or not.

I reckon you're taking her stance on things the wrong way mate. I'm not saying you're wrong to want the herps, but is she wrong for looking ahead in life and thinking about other things that are more important like bills?

Personally - i say get the snake and don't think twice, but then the other side of my brain kicks in and looks at the way things are - and I guess she's kinda right - like my situation - I've got 39 blueys - I don't need anymore - but that doesn't mean i don't want them. But where will they go? How am i gonna afford to keep feeding them all? I don't wanna even think about the lighting situation and how that's gonna affect the electricity bill.

It's all up to you mate - do you care if you upset her? Is the snake really worth jeopardising the relationship over? (now for Guy thinking) - Could you really go without the action? Could you easily handle the cleaning, the bills, and feeding yourself if she wasn't around?

Answer all these Q's, and you'll know if you should go get the snake or not.

He's 17 and has a small colection of reptiles, one more is hardly going to damage the bills and send him bankrupt. But I'd bet he doesn't have to worry about half if not most of the things you're saying, majority of 17 year olds have no cares in the world, they have no liabilities (i.e bills) only wants.

He's 17 and has a small colection of reptiles, one more is hardly going to damage the bills and send him bankrupt. But I'd bet he doesn't have to worry about half if not most of the things you're saying, majority of 17 year olds have no cares in the world, they have no liabilities (i.e bills) only wants.

Exactly...which is why he should go out and buy exactly what he wants as long as he has the money :)

Answer all these Q's, and you'll know if you should go get the snake or
not.

Umm.....beney_boy is 17 ;)

I commend you for your 'Guy thinking' :lol: But seriously does all that stuff really matter right now?
If she is 'the one' she should be happy to indulge his passion for reps a little....after all it's not like he is gambling or drag-racing etc..

And really, if she cracks it, dump her and get another 10 snakes...20 if you like :lol:

At 17, the last thing you should be worried about is upsetting your girlfriend.

I think you should defiantely do what you want and spend your cash how you want to spend your cash!

but just for future reference, i think for all of you men out there, should know what these words actually mean in an argument: ;)

1) Fine
This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.

2) Five Minutes
If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.

3) Nothing
This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.

4) Go Ahead
This is a dare, not permission. Don’t Do It!

5) Loud Sigh
This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot
and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)

6) That’s Okay
This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That’s okay means she wants to think long and hard before
deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.

7) Thanks
A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you’re welcome. (I want to add in a clause here – This is true, unless she says ‘Thanks a lot’ – that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say ‘you’re welcome’ . that will bring on a ‘whatever’).

8 ) Whatever
Is a woman’s way of saying F– YOU!

9) Don’t worry about it, I got it
Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This
will later result in a man asking ‘What’s wrong?’ For the woman’s response refer to #3.

I think you should defiantely do what you want and spend your cash how you want to spend your cash!

but just for future reference, i think for all of you men out there, should know what these words actually mean in an argument: ;)

I have to disagree on some of these personally.
This is what I mean when I say:

1) Fine
This is the word I use when there is something wrong but I secretly wish he knew what was wrong so that I didn't have to say it

2) Five Minutes
Five minutes means five minutes... I don't take long to get dressed. He can watch the game as long as he wants... but as long as he doesn't help with the housework, I won't do any either :)

3) Nothing
Depends on the tone... sometimes there is actually nothing wrong, but other times it means that I'm either not sure what is wrong, or I can't express it right, or usually that I know I am not in the right disposition to talk about it (to save me from ripping off someones head). When I'm happy to talk about it with reasoning I'll let him know

4) Go Ahead
Means go ahead and do it... no worries

5) Loud Sigh
"Sigh" translates for me as "I have a problem, can you please ask me if I'm ok?"

6) That’s Okay
Means its ok

7) Thanks
I agree with this one... it depends on the tone...

8 ) Whatever
Means I don't want to talk about this anymore, I'm frustrated...

9) Don’t worry about it, I got it
Mean's I got it, I'm not happy about it, but I can see that we will just agree to disagree...

If only women said what they were actually thinking - it would make life so much easier and save so much drama!

lol you're right, i shouldn't generalize.
but boys are silly, they need some sort of translation =P

I don't think boys are silly... just different. You and I (and all other women) have their own secret language (as shown by our translations). I think we should give them more credit for sometimes being able to decode it :)

Yeah but we don't understand what you guys are thinking either, you don't always say it :)

But at least we don't say the opposite of what we want - our needs are fairly simple and obvious anyway :)

But at least we don't say the opposite of what we want - our needs are fairly simple and obvious anyway :)

Food, sex, beer, snakes?

Edit: And maybe a woman who will allow you to obtain all of the above with minimal to no complaining ;)

yeh like..nudge....u awake??......is fairly self explanatory :D :D

Ok, I have one for you guys...
His problem: He says 'nudge....u awake??......'
My problem: He is a nightshifter and I'm dayshift, so when he does that it is 3am and I am really not in the mood because I'm dead tired and need to work in 3 hours.
His problem: I have very little energy when I am "awake" at that time, and it may not be fulfilling enough for him
My problem: It would be fulfilling for both of us if our times matched
Our problem: Rocky relationship...

Hmm...

Ok, I have one for you guys...
His problem: He says 'nudge....u awake??......'
My problem: He is a nightshifter and I'm dayshift, so when he does that it is 3am and I am really not in the mood because I'm dead tired and need to work in 3 hours.
His problem: I have very little energy when I am "awake" at that time, and it may not be fulfilling enough for him
My problem: It would be fulfilling for both of us if our times matched
Our problem: Rocky relationship...

Hmm...

Try waking him up before he has to go to work? if he's keen enough.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back