Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the photo was posted on an American forum, Gilleni hasn't seen the snake or if he has he's keeping it very quiet. :lol:

Snake_Girl said:
Never seen such a gorgeous snake, lucky you getting to see one in real life and thanks for sharing with us.

lol me either, is awesome looking but I have seen better, the albino BHP is my No.1

lol whether the pics colours have been manipulated or not, retics are totally awesome looking snakes nonetheless, particularly that specimen in the pic :D

I can't, I would be lying and my mum told me never to lie.

cwarren72 said:
Now someone try to tell me that isn't the hottest looking snake you have ever seen

What a load of garbage, someone posts an enhanced pic of a snake and its the hottest thing on the planet. Its an ordinary looking snake with a poor patterning that had to be doctored to make it look good. Glad none of you lot are doing any buying for me. The paint would probably still be wet while your handing over the money.
Lets face it, its a snake, its exotic, its different so everyone wets ther pants.

You trying to start trouble again Pete! LOL

But your right though, I would just have it cause it gets massive and I like big snakes, not because it was dipped into a paint can..

enhanced or not.....i would take that over a GTP any day of the week. :D

I think what we need to remember here is that yes it has been maybe brightened up a little but no more than many Jungles when they are photographed, it doesn't detract from the beauty of the snake. Having seen lavender Retics it's not far from the truth anyway.

The bloody tree trunk is purple, "brightened up a bit" Move over, and you never had a mullet either i bet.
Intensified is more the word I'd use. Then again gullible is another I'd bandy about quite freely as well.
Dave, I think yours is going into shed.

Why wait for mutations? Play around with photoshop and you have a new morph! :lol:

Not quite sure why you have got so worked up about it, it's just a beautiful snake, enjoy. :D

peterescue said:
The bloody tree trunk is purple, "brightened up a bit" Move over, and you never had a mullet either i bet.
Intensified is more the word I'd use. Then again gullible is another I'd bandy about quite freely as well.
Dave, I think yours is going into shed.

Im not worked up Boa, far from it, it was just a casual observation. If you dont tyhink its in shed thats fine, I appreciate your opinion.(right, after the photoshopped retic fiasco I'd trsut his opinion)(hey how come my thoughts are appearing on the screen)(jeez i hope that doesnt happen to often)(ooh! theres that attractive woman from, oh think of other things, bananas, no, cucumbers, no melons no no no. ......................................................................

Seriously Boa, I couldn't give a rats in reality, I just find it odd that people would say something is wonderful when it is clearly not a true representation of the animal. It is not even close. It leaves me thinking they , a/ are naive and gullible, b/ have no idea what they are talking about c/ are stirring the pot.
Sure it may be a nice snake, but I cant really tell because the photo has been tampered with. To that end its a poor photo of any old captive bred retic.

I agree, my comments were based on the fact that I knew such snakes existed and knew that they didn't need to be enhanced. Just to show what a beautiful snake they are here is another.
lavender_retic.jpg

There is just something about Retics, it was the first python I ever had and has always remained my favourite. There is something about the wonderful bold patterns and amazing orange eyes, although they aren't all orange.

hmmm, ok to photoshop?
how far exactly is 'not far from the truth'?

boa said:
I think what we need to remember here is that yes it has been maybe brightened up a little but no more than many Jungles when they are photographed, it doesn't detract from the beauty of the snake. Having seen lavender Retics it's not far from the truth anyway.

Gilleni said:
No, The owner called it a purple phase, they aslo had lavenders, but they were no where near as purple..

Others on the forum seemed to recognise it as a purple phase too..

boa said:
Oh my God my favourite python just got even more beautiful. Yes the lavendar retics are quite pale compared to that.

I must be colour blind, because the tree sure doesn't look purple to me, and neither do the leaves. The leaves look like a plant I've seen that has green leaves that go a dark 'purple beetrooty' kind of colour. I can't think of its name right now- but I've seen it before.

But I still can't see the purple trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back