Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, if it wasn't for a mutation you wouldn't have jags!

Atherton x Coastal, yeah sounds like it would be an
amazing looking animal. haha.

ok well if some ones got an artherton cross coastal i think its more of people thinks its moraly wrong there for let their opinions stop other people from having some even nicer looking snakes i meen im not saying we should turn into the usa and breed everything with evrything but just some things
like i dun bout u but i would love to have a jag i think their the nicest snake you can get and if it werent for crossing u wouldnt have em

yes, and while we're at it we can cross humans and goats too, so we can have horns :shock:

here we go. wasnt the thread about if it was illegal or not to cross breed? its been answered, YES.

mods please close this thread.

it wont start a fight im not out to cause a fight im just ssimpley asking a question and im sorry if i offend any people here i honestly dont meen to

I reckon it'd be awesome to be able to heatbutt people :lol:

lol:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Americans have been really into hybrids while George Bush has been in power. Apparently it will be illegal there in January. A good friend told me that the Chinese will shoot you if you cross bred their snakes.

Its always a hot topic isnt it and usually on a saturday night also... hmmm
Well i dont know how many animals in the Antaresia ( childrens python ) group that are being sold as one thing but look nothing like what they are being represented as, especially the stimsons. Some absolute shockers out there and these people , the owners of these animals in most cases have no idea they have a cross bred animal. I think you see it alot also with the carpet python group with the owners of the animals being none the wiser that they have an animal that is clearly not the pure locality it is labelled as. Womas and black headed pythons also are being bred together that are from either side of the continent purely for colour etc. These breedings are happening right under everyones nose and most people dont even know they are being decieved. As with alot of herpers they cannot identify an animals local simply from its appearance and even with years of experience sometimes it is just near impossible to identify with great accuracy some of these animals . It is a slow process this cross breeding disaster, just like cancer so most of us just dont see it and wont until it is to late. The sad thing is i dont believe we or the understaffed authorities can stop it. This is why as stated earlier by someone in this debate , that most animals are passed off as pure as the NPWS or EPA or whatever government body polices the issue does not make it possible for the breeders who are experimenting with jungle/diamond , Albino darwin/ coastal breedings for example to sell the offspring as what they are, crossbred animals and therefore we cant keep track of what is going on. I think most people would be honest in regards to their experimental breeding progeny if they were able to list it on there record books exactly what they have done.
Cross breeding happens alot with parrots etc and i dont know of anyone that has been prosicuted for such behaviour?
Just my observation

i dont mean to just jump in
but whats the difference between cross breeding a snake.
and cross breeding a dog?
we all seem to accept that as a normal part of life now.

i dont mean to just jump in
but whats the difference between cross breeding a snake.
and cross breeding a dog?
we all seem to accept that as a normal part of life now.

The thing people forget when they say we cross breed cats & dogs & birds and much more is that alot of these animals have higher health problems than the 2 breeds that have been crossed to create it. If you do enough research about cross breeding you will find that no matter the animal its often not good.
Most people in Australia want our snakes to stay pure and keep crossing illegal so we don't get people crossing to extremes - I mean if they make it not illegal then you will get some idiots who will take it to the extreme - not to mention people would never really know what they are buying is pure or crossed as some and many cross animals look like their mum and dad and are nothing special like the breeder wanted.

MM125

I have been made to believe that the idea of us being able to be licensed to keep protected Australian Wildlife is that should something whip out a species of our native wildlife (say for instance the Cane Toad or the desease that is killing off the Tassie Devil's) then it really isn't that big a problem as we will have a large ammount of said wildlife in private collections. It's sort of more of a privilage then a right to keep australian wildlife and it's fine enough the way it is so why change mother natures bidding. On top of this some people are very passionate about purity

MM125

I have been made to believe that the idea of us being able to be licensed to keep protected Australian Wildlife is that should something whip out a species of our native wildlife (say for instance the Cane Toad or the desease that is killing off the Tassie Devil's) then it really isn't that big a problem as we will have a large ammount of said wildlife in private collections. It's sort of more of a privilage then a right to keep australian wildlife and it's fine enough the way it is so why change mother natures bidding. On top of this some people are very passionate about purity

spot on

if hybrids are so bad (and i somewhat agree) then why dont people get jiffed off about people breeding for the lack of. albino's, colour morphs, scaleless death adders for crying out loud...... these arent 'natural' AT ALL

if we are all with M.punja

First people with horns and now this :lol:, you're on a roll tonight.

tehehe, thanks.. popcorn anyone?
gdpit_com_45464553_171.gif

better get in quick before the people with horns get into it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back