Dad Jokes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing is to have your dad say it to you (which is where I still say MEAN), but to your friend???? I think that is bad humor and you never know how a person reacts to those kind of words. Everyone understands he's joking, but we all know the best jokes have a slight truth to them. If my friends dad had said anything like that to me or any of my friends I would surely let him know how insensitive and arrogant a saying like that sounds. Nothing funny about it for the person it's said to.

Well good for you, nice to know how you'd react, and that you clearly don't have any sense of humer at all. I think in all fairness go ahead and think it's "bad humor" I guess I can see who the sensitive one is in this conversation. And no, not all jokes have slight truth to them, my best friend who I have been friends with for over 10 years he said it to and she is absolutely stunning, so it's pretty funny in my eyes.

I was just thinking it would very much depend on the circumstances and the relationship between your dad and your friend. Context makes all the difference. Glad you qualified it – makes the difference between funny and really rude.

I gave up telling jokes to my kids, almost before I got started. The drawn out “Dad!” and groan that went with it, were far too frequent compared to the occasional muffled laughter. I can take a hint.

I think last time I tried was when they had all the M & M adds on the tele. I said: “What do you call an M&M with an erection?” Answer: “A thumbtack. “Not funny!” came the only reply. Haven’t bothered since.

Blue

I think as I get older I appreciate my dads little jokes here and there, because being younger all I did was that "dad!" groan and the "I know everything" attitude.

Don't give up Blue! Don't stop making those little jokes, because they will always remember them, and it's nice to look back and think about those little moments in life, even if if they smile for a second because the joke was completely ridiculous, a smiles still a smile and a little memorie to go with it :)

I
I think last time I tried was when they had all the M & M adds on the tele. I said: “What do you call an M&M with an erection?” Answer: “A thumbtack. “Not funny!” came the only reply. Haven’t bothered since.

Blue
You owe me a new beer, the poor dogs are looking at me funny and my wife thinks I'm even more looney than normal after reading that and bursting into laughter.

I can understand certain folks sensitivity to various forms of humor as certain things tickle a persons funny bone differently to someone else. The only time it becomes an issues is when the wrong humor pushed (as Blue rightly said) or when someone tells you your sense of humor is wrong.

Im sure certain jokes I told and was told while waiting for time to pass between patrols would certainly not be suitable for a family dinner and visa versa ;)

“What do you call an M&M with an erection?” Answer: “A thumbtack.

I really hate it when your favourite beverage starts oozing out your nasal passage, so yeah, Cheers for that Blue !

Sorry about that Snipercap. I know that feeling well, Rob...Lol.
e_b, lots of hours of hours of made up stories when putting them to bed and cooking their favourite meals and lots of other tasty dishes plus running Dad’s taxi 7 days a week have more than made up for any deficit in humorous comments. They have been spoilt but they have also been given the right directions on life, so they are doing OK even if they don’t appreciate dad’s humour. Such is life.

Blue

this thread is too good, the ugly joke was great and the m & m joke was great... The best one was you should get into the enclosure to have a shed... That's just brilliant gold... haha made my morning lol...

I agree, this thread is great! If you feel sad....READ THIS!!!!

Humba Jumba,
I recall a colleague at work who had to rush of to the ladies room, hand acros her mouth. A mate asked her if she'd eaten something dodgy for dinner. She replied no... but she had caught the Eygptian Flu. Always curious I walked straight into this one and said I had never heard of the Eygptian Flu, please explain. She said it is quite simple - it incubates in your body for 9 months, then you turn into a mummy. DOH!

Well good for you, nice to know how you'd react, and that you clearly don't have any sense of humer at all. I think in all fairness go ahead and think it's "bad humor" I guess I can see who the sensitive one is in this conversation. And no, not all jokes have slight truth to them, my best friend who I have been friends with for over 10 years he said it to and she is absolutely stunning, so it's pretty funny in my eyes.
Thats my point. How sure can you be they don't take it the wrong way? Just look at recent events with the royal hoax. Jokes that goes on people's appearance in a negative way, even if its funny to everyone else my not be that funny to the person said to. I'm just saying joke or not, some people should think before they speak and evaluate what the consequences might be of it. That aside, if your dad Know your friend well and thought it was a good joke that's fine. I'm not a very sensitive person myself and usually could not give a damn what people say to me, but I've first hand seen what bad choice of words can do to the sensitive ones as you call it and would therefor mind my words

Last edited by a moderator:
You have got the memory working overtime. I now recall when the kids were younger I used to tell them what I called “Fractured Nursery Rhymes”. They actually enjoyed those. A couple of examples…

Humpty Dumpty sat one the wall.
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the King’s horses and all the King’s men,
Said I think it's omelettes for dinner again.

Georgy Porgy, pudding and pie,
Kissed the girls and made them cry.
When the boys came out to play,
He kissed them too. He’s funny that way!

Blue

Thats my point. How sure can you be they don't take it the wrong way? Just look at recent events with the royal hoax. Jokes that goes on people's appearance in a negative way, even if its funny to everyone else my not be that funny to the person said to. I'm just saying joke or not, some people should think before they speak and evaluate what the consequences might be of it. That aside, if your dad Know your friend well and thought it was a good joke that's fine. I'm not a very sensitive person myself and usually could not give a damn what people say to me, but I've first hand seen what bad choice of words can do to the sensitive ones as you call it and would therefor mind my words

Look you are taking this all out of proportion again, from dad jokes, seriously, you make some points in regards to hurting people's feelings, I agree that people should consider more on how they other person might take it, but I don't feel like the royal hoax doesn't even compare to my original post itself, so there is no need to compare this banana is bigger than that banana. So again, nice of you to make some points, I'm sure plenty of adults think before they speak and the harmless jokes they say, you have singled out one joke and made it into a big deal, when its not a big deal at all. I would think twice before assuming I don't understand or haven't taken into consideration of some of the outcomes that can happen due to a poor choice in words.

Look you are taking this all out of proportion again, from dad jokes, seriously, you make some points in regards to hurting people's feelings, I agree that people should consider more on how they other person might take it, but I don't feel like the royal hoax doesn't even compare to my original post itself, so there is no need to compare this banana is bigger than that banana. So again, nice of you to make some points, I'm sure plenty of adults think before they speak and the harmless jokes they say, you have singled out one joke and made it into a big deal, when its not a big deal at all. I would think twice before assuming I don't understand or haven't taken into consideration of some of the outcomes that can happen due to a poor choice in words.

Maybe when I'm 20 like you I find it funny then. Currently I still think that joke was mean, and yes I singled out that joke because a lot of the other jokes here was funny but the one I'm talking about I still think it was mean, maybe it's not so mean amongst adults, but say a joke like that in my classroom I'm pretty sure I would be expelled

Maybe when I'm 20 like you I find it funny then. Currently I still think that joke was mean, and yes I singled out that joke because a lot of the other jokes here was funny but the one I'm talking about I still think it was mean, maybe it's not so mean amongst adults, but say a joke like that in my classroom I'm pretty sure I would be expelled

Look I personally don't think that age has anything to do with this factor what so ever, you have made your point on that you think it's mean thing to say, I think you need to stop pinpointing the one joke and move on, my original thread was started to hear more jokes, not the possible repercussions and outcomes, you need to consider in the first place that they are just jokes!

Look I personally don't think that age has anything to do with this factor what so ever, you have made your point on that you think it's mean thing to say, I think you need to stop pinpointing the one joke and move on, my original thread was started to hear more jokes, not the possible repercussions and outcomes, you need to consider in the first place that they are just jokes!

Haha mate. You realize you are arguing with a twelve year old? I can understand very well why someone that age find the joke in question mean, and age HAS a lot to do with this. I think I will agree with Emily here lol

What do you call a train carrying toffee?

A Chew Chew Train....

HA

Haha mate. You realize you are arguing with a twelve year old? I can understand very well why someone that age find the joke in question mean, and age HAS a lot to do with this. I think I will agree with Emily here lol

Again, that is your personal opinion, and if you read back to my original comments, I said each to their own in the first place, there is no point continuing a conversation when I was in agreeance with many points that she made and was simply trying to get the post back on track.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you call a train carrying toffee?

A Chew Chew Train....

HA

You have just made my morning so much better since I'm stuck at work with no real holidays this year!

What do you call a snake who is employed by the government?

A civil Serpent!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back