Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
re Diamond

Morelia_Hunter said:
Pic up one similar today just less black than that!
Sure its not an intergrade :?:

Browns, earlier you said,
Quote: ? there should be some that throw to her side seeing as the offspring are exactly half of the Mother and Father...funny that huh

Are you saying here that you can expect to get 50% of the clutch looking like the father & 50% of the offspring looking like the mother? exactly?

Well the genes are exactly half but by no means does that mean that exactly half will be the same colours etc.It's a little like when someone says that"that person looks just like his dad but you can also see he looks his mum"We all come out in different colours too if you know what i mean?

Zulu this might seem like a dumb question but what's an intergrade?

Any pics MH?

re Diamonds

peterescue said:
My fave is similar to the black slug monster but every scale has a small dot of yellow, No rosettes, just the perfected little dot of yellow on the tip of every scale.
Yeh i cant work out this black slug monster stuff,ive got ones with reduced black and high black background,the high black type with typical diamond dots contrast very well IMO.

The ones that look like a big black poo :lol:

What's a reduced black or high black lol. Got pics? :p

50/50

Thanks for the explanation there Browns.
Genetics fascinates me.

There seems to be enormous variety in Diamond Python populations & even within the same clutch as Peterescue stated.

zen

There seems to be enormous variety in Diamond Python populations & even within the same clutch as Peterescue stated.
Yeah well in the wild i don't think a high yellow would care if the male was a black slug monster and what his and her parents were before that so you would expect some variation within a clutch i guess.Some ppls i've seen get nearly all high yellows with little variance at all...

Genetics fascinate me too zen and the more you learn the more you want to find out.

re Diamond

OuZo said:
The ones that look like a big black poo :lol:

What's a reduced black or high black lol. Got pics? :p
Theres some good looking black poos around then ouzo, ize love it when yas treat me bad master :p

333632.jpg

Here's a close up of my female diamond, for those interested. She has high contrast yellow. She's my favorite out of my trio.

You will get ones that are a mix of the two parents too. Not nesseccarily the same as either parents. Ill try post some pics. Just cant get my camera to focus properly tonight!

I guess I live somewhere near the grey area that is the northern limits of the true diamonds. Port Stephens. You can find a cracker high yellow fella down the backyard one day and then one like the guy below the next day (he was tucking into a neighbour's chook chicks. Haven't seen any black and whites though that I can think of.
I've also seen a few pure looking diamonds around seals rocks an hour and a halfs drive north of here. They were all pretty yellowish too. With all of the variation I've got my doubts about the "black and whites at the northern parts of the diamonds range" theory.

I think your past the point of true diamonds fishhead, might be at the point where you get diamond looking intergrades, but doubt you get pure diamonds there.Got any pics of the high yellow ones.I always though it was the southern diamonds that were black and white and the northern ones yellow, but think you can get either anywhere in the range.

Grey Area of Diamond Range

Hi Fishead,

That's a top quality pic of a very interesting and attractive specimen.
It's a good thing you saved it from the chicken farmer! :wink:
I love that head pattern! It's very unusual. Quite intriguing.(?)

It's reminiscent of the DiamondX Jungles that they're breeding in the U.S.
Mostly in the way that the head pattern is quite black & distinctive. This seems to happen when you cross Diamonds.
The crossing shows up in the head pattern.
I can see the influence of mcdowelli in the background body colour, being more brown than black with yellow spots.

That's interesting what you say about there being pure looking Diamonds in the same immediate vicinity.
Do you have any pics of the them?.

Thanks for the pic & 'grey area' wrap.

Pike,

You make some interesting points there. So you reckon Port Stephens is well & truly intergrade country.
Do you get more Diamond looking intergrades or more Carpet looking intergrades in the one population?

I was wondering if you get Coastal Carpet's (mcdowelli) in the Port Stephens area?

zen

re Diamond

Yeh fishead that intergrade looks similar to the ones my mate finds around kemsey,the head markings are quite bright on yours.One ive seen from port macguarie on the coast was diamond (usual black with small yellow dots and small yellow rossettes)but in laced brightness compared to the southern diamonds.One i had from smokey cape beach was a normal carpet,no rules with these they are very confusing indeed. :?

Hey yommy,- did you get obee to take that pic. :wink:

Howdy Pike1, there's a pic of a couple of yellow locals in a post of mine in Ouzos diamond thread. They are way different to ouzos screamers in patterning, bigger rosettes and all that but really nice yellow when seen in the flesh. Everyone you talk to seems to have a different view on the inter..... thing and I don't want to wake that monster again!!!!

Here ya go feeshy head :D

dscn0720_104.jpg

Mostly in the way that the head pattern is quite black & distinctive. This seems to happen when you cross Diamonds.

I have a Diamond with quite distinctive head markings, very velvety black with quite bright and clear yellow markings and I'm pretty sure he's pure!

re Diamond

yeh ouz there natural intergrade which is different to the human designer hybrid diamonds whose mummy was a black slug poo diamond and daddy a coastal carpet 8) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back