Diamond Python, or Murray Darling Python?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i would say go the diamond as i have a 4 year old and has only bitten me once .they are a very docile snake ,and even my kids can handle / play with her and she has never tried to bite them thats just my opinion and some coastals can be snappy like my female but she is calming down ,but have herd mds are good first snakes

I have just brought an MD

Yeh do your home work for what suits you. I have just brought my first snake which is an MD hatchling and she is just perfect. Yet I did take a long time to buy a snake partly because my wife was not happy, but she came around and then it proberbly took close to a year for me to commit to buying my MD. For me it had to be a very placid temprement for my wife and young kids and so far has not disappointed. I also like the idea of a larger snake.

I guess it just depends what you want and what you are willing to do. For me it was important that the snake did not bite when first held. It wont be such an issue when I get my next one--yes be warned, fangs are not the only things that snake owners get bitten by......

I have just brought an MD

Yeh do your home work for what suits you. I have just brought my first snake which is an MD hatchling and she is just perfect. Yet I did take a long time to buy a snake partly because my wife was not happy, but she came around and then it proberbly took close to a year for me to commit to buying my MD. For me it had to be a very placid temprement for my wife and young kids and so far has not disappointed. I also like the idea of a larger snake.

I guess it just depends what you want and what you are willing to do. For me it was important that the snake did not bite when first held. It wont be such an issue when I get my next one--yes be warned, fangs are not the only things that snake owners get bitten by......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back