diamond x sorry to start a debate

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just a quick thing too it is illegal to breed hybrids in queensland which is a major problem because everyone than passes there snakes off as pure so you dont know what is pure and what is a morph so this isnt the answer

I thought might be a Diamondxcoastal but only the bredder would know if it was a wild caught snake no one will ever know

People can speculate but unless you know exactly where the snake came from or know anything about the snake's lineage from a reputable honest breeder, you will never know for sure especially as there is typically so much variation with diamonds and carpets, especially where numerable species' territories overlap, giving us intergrades. Regardless it is a very nice looking carpet.

i bred my 2 pure diamonds about 3 years ago and about half of the bubs came out with alot of linked rossettes like that one.generally the diamond x coastals have physically larger rossttes where those are still thin. i have found a few at at a mates property south of newcastle that are near identical to that one.we also found one at Beecroft with a heap of linked rossettes as well.there absolutely is no bredli in that at all.if it was bought as a diamond ,it probably is a diamond.did your mate look at the parents before he bought it?
cheers
simon

i bred my 2 pure diamonds about 3 years ago and about half of the bubs came out with alot of linked rossettes like that one.generally the diamond x coastals have physically larger rossttes where those are still thin. i have found a few at at a mates property south of newcastle that are near identical to that one.we also found one at Beecroft with a heap of linked rossettes as well.there absolutely is no bredli in that at all.if it was bought as a diamond ,it probably is a diamond.did your mate look at the parents before he bought it?
cheers
simon

im backing Simon 100%, im from Newcastle, lots of diamonds & intergrades that look like that. i have hatched a clutch of intergrades that look just like that one...there is no bredli in that snake...

alot of people think a pure diamond needs to have tight little rosettes to be a pure diamond, if you take a trip to gosford or kempsey you will see how much VARIATION there is in these carpets, iv bred a few clutches of pure diamonds from a very well know pure bloodline, yet i still got some chunky head patterns and banded patterns.

how do you know it doesn't have any bredi in it AM pythons? is there a way of knowing whats in a snake just by looking at it? it might be have a smaller % of bredli ,even bredli have variation, dots ,stripes ,reduced black ect, bredli don't always have the typical bandings, carpets don't have to follow a certain code ,they will vary.

Diamonds come in many different patterns. Even to think this is a cross or pure would only be a guess for anyone!

Mate, some of the crap i just read makes me want to go to the toilet.
Bredli cross...........!!!
Looks like a very nice natural intergrade to me.
Could be a olive.............

So, now that opinions are back to it being a pure or natural intergrade, will I get flamed if I say that I think it's really pretty?

If it turns out it's a cross, then, of course, it's totally fugly ;)

Lulu - come on. The title of the thread proves that you knew what would happen if you asked. You had a bunch of people say they thought it was a cross and what with, and some others saying they thought it was a natural intergrade. You got your answer. Successful thread!! :D

everyone is entitled to their opinion, but not me :) Seems if we all don't share the same thoughts of some, then we can not say what we want. Seems a bit harsh!

But hey i'll say it again to stir the pot a bit more - I like this snake . :p
Anyone else game to admit it. All breeding history aside.

And everyone is entitled to disagree with your opinion, it's a two way street you know.

everyone is entitled to their opinion, but not me :) Seems if we all don't share the same thoughts of some, then we can not say what we want. Seems a bit harsh!

But hey i'll say it again to stir the pot a bit more - I like this snake . :p
Anyone else game to admit it. All breeding history aside.

I have found some morelia in the wild with the exact same pattern. It is one of my favourites. In the hinterland between Taree and Coff's mostly.

Mate, some of the crap i just read makes me want to go to the toilet.
Bredli cross...........!!!
Looks like a very nice natural intergrade to me.
Could be a olive.............

I agree mungus and fusion...and this is typical of many PURE animals....(bashes head on keyboard) :rolleyes:

* I clearly stated that I would like to breed something of "similar" appearance. Not once did I say I'd sell the offspring without stipulating it's unknown background!!!

You said: "Would like to know what it is though so i can breed IT and try get somthing similar."

Last edited:
What is this?

Would anyone like to say their thoughts on this snakes heritage?

Attachments

• 26122009350.jpg
    26122009350.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 26122009353.jpg
    26122009353.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back