Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last one I saw was at the pet expo here in Brissy. It was OK looking but nothing too special.
I'd buy one for $3000 because their rare.
Tourett

here i am holding a green and i must say i would fork out the money if i had it to have one.

If i had the cash i would have them straight up, a python that brightly colored is a special animal.
They are also a challenge to keep and breed, whats not to like. GIMME GIMME :D

Steve.

Psssst, Anyone wanna buy a grandmother? still has own teeth, feeds well, knits all day, goin cheap! :D

BROWNS wrote:
i'm with longtom and if they stayed the bright yellow or juvenile colours as adults they'd be awesome looking snakes

You mean like this Browns?
Nup not like that at all but bright yellow,or in exotic specimens reds and blues but the one you posted a pic of is very much what the deemed Australian greens"Same line from URS" look like with blue the same..Sorry Ricko but that animal does nothing for me although a pic you posted of you with an adult that looked either fluro green or yellow,was hard to tell from the pic...now that was nice and the lemon yellow greens are nice too...way,way,way overrated snake in my opinion and overpriced,i'd prefer an albino carpet anyday but that's just me.Some ,actually many people i know in the hobby have greens as their ultimate snake they'd like to keep but they are just a green carpet that hangs in the same possy all day.

I have seen one that i would even go as far as saying it looked very ordinary,but it's sister was absolutely stunning :D

gold all the way. they are becoming pretty popular in the UK. they are available in pet shops over there and look at the trouble we have here to get a GTP

They became popular in the UK about 15 years ago, they are not that challenging to keep and breeding is only slightly more difficult than most other pythons. Rearing the neonates can be troublesome but as long as you follow a few simple rules they are fairly uncomplicated.

Here's a couple of The Rocks greens....

Green_tree_1_ps_small.jpg

Hatchling_green_tree_python_small.jpg

Wow stunning animal and photo is spectacular!

How much does he sell them for or is the waiting list like 5 years long..

There will possibly be some surplus this year if they breed. The adult is a female the juv turned out to be a male. Will get browns to take pics of others, one looks more like an Emerald Tree Boa from a distance with the amount of white down its back. The asking price will be around the 5 grand mark.
Rob

Lucky bugger..

I wish.. will let a mate know though he has been looking for a while and unlike most of us has the cash.. cheers beautiful animals

Did someone someone say they wanted a Chonnnndro???

Well browny finally made it hey rock,think ide be dreaming about that adult female GTP for sure,its definetly ugly not! Like goma pyle said to rock hudson Gooooooolly rock thats a mighty fine snake ya got there boy! :lol:

You are taking some wicked photos lately Browns!!! What sort of camera are you using?

Forget the 3 grand for me, I'd be struggling to produce 30 bucks in that sort of time frame :lol:

Browns hasnt been yet, managed to e-mail him some pics to post. Photos were taken by a freind of mine whose an amazing photographer. Browns will be here soon. Stay tuned.
Rob

childreni_440 said:
Oh! You mean for GTP's? Nah, don't like them. Give me a good old Childreni any day

Im With Afro on this one :)

something is seriously wrong with you two demented individuals......

id prefer a nice oenpelli or 30 over gtps anyday but the chances of them ever appearing on licence is moot so shift those gtps my way.... hopefully all my reptile money will be going towards getting apair so keep me in mind rock ;)

id prefer a nice oenpelli or 30 over gtps anyday but the chances of them ever appearing on licence is moot so shift those gtps my way

I think it's just a case of "you want what you cant have" syndrome...

You can give an opinion of a snake if you have worked with them. I have worked with most of the big pythons overseas. Heck, I even bred lots. The most challenging ones i have worked with is the green tree python and the Boelens python. The babies and juvies are tricky, adults are great animals. Do yourselves a favour, Get the new Ron Kivitt book on GTPs. Its an eye opener. And i am still convinced the Germans are the best in the world with reptiles. It has a section on all the location patterns where these snakes are found. Work with them, then tell us they are just another snake!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back