Does anyone use flood lights from bunnings? for heat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't seem to notice. Their behavior has not changed at all.

i use the red 80W Par38 spotlights and they give off a great bit of heat, probably best off to use a dimmer stat, although i use them on full heat for my monitors who love the basking spots!
URS do an all in one cage w/ ceramic fitting which easily fits the larger bulb size, and its easy, no wiring needed as they come complete with leads! from memory they are about $55-$60 each.
as for the UV thing, a vet once told me that 10-15 minutes of sun was as good for the animal as a couple of days under a UV light, so really cant be that hard to give your animals a decent amount of UV if thats the case.

Bulbs from bunnings are good to use, we used to use par 38 bulbs as they were cheap, had heaps of power. You can get cages for them or get creative. I once used an empty milo tin with wire mesh across the front and just sprayed it black with heat proof paint because the proper cages were $40 +. Now we solely use the 12V dichroic downlights and they are great in all aspects.

Hi all this thread seem a little dead lol but I want to ask do you use the wide angle philips spotlight bulb (75w-100w) In a white box? Or do you use the philips spot bulb can't remember the watts but it is in a blu box and is a bigger bulb in general?Thanks alot and also do you use differnt types for differnt species ? Ie dragon and monitors and such ATM I haveyour beardie and. Blue tounge unde a 100 watt "wide angle" bulb , and my ackies undr a 150 watt big flood light :S don't know if this is a good choice or not buy it is getting the temps up to wheee I want. This is not a "blue box globe" it's in a white box also just higher wattage

Yeh buy what type the spot heat or the wide angle ??

You're better off with wide angle. The spot heat ones are too concentrated so you will end up with an animal that is only warm in one part of their body

I use an old Lava lamp.Summer comes along and use it just as a light.

150w spot light works a treat in my 1x1.2x.6m enclosure for a water dragon. over winter background heat is provided with a ceramic bulb too.

You're better off with wide angle. The spot heat ones are too concentrated so you will end up with an animal that is only warm in one part of their body
Hey thanks saximus finally a straight answer
Sarcorh
Is that mirabella brand in a blue and white box? 150watt floodlight

Haha no problem. It's frustrating when you ask a specific question and nobody seems to want to answer it directly :p

i got the 85watt phillips red flood light in my beardies enclosure its run by a thermostat hasnt blown on me yet and heats it up nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back