Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or they should just remove the post counter, who cares how many posts people make it doesn't mean anything considering there is people that have plenty of experience and have never even used this forum. I've got over a hundred posts and I don't even own any reptiles.
I doubt people post to get their post counts up... What would be the point?

- - - Updated - - -

Though my rule of thumb is your total "likes" received should be at least half the number of the posts you have made or more! So if you have 10 posts total you should have at least 5 likes... Less than half you are probably not contributing much, have no sense of humour or just posting rubbish.
That and never trust someone who's noggin appears in their own avatar. (though there are acceptations to this rule, like Andy)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just post because I'm bored and wanna throw my two cents in usually but I did get told off by the mods for trying to rack up my post count, I told em straight up they can reset my count to zero but they didn't do it. It just means I'm bored alot lol.

I just checked my likes is 107 and I don't have a pic of myself in my avatar so I guess that makes me trustworthy lol :)

I just post because I'm bored and wanna throw my two cents in usually but I did get told off by the mods for trying to rack up my post count, I told em straight up they can reset my count to zero but they didn't do it. It just means I'm bored alot lol.

I just checked my likes is 107 and I don't have a pic of myself in my avatar so I guess that makes me trustworthy lol :)
Problem is you ruin it for everyone else if you are just posting rubbish because you are bored.
No it doesn't make you trust worthy. It simply says you aren't advertising the fact :p

Yeah I've noticed that but the chat room is always empty and lots of my annoying posts get deleted anyway so I guess its just keeping the mods on their toes and no harm done. :)

Yeah I've noticed that but the chat room is always empty and lots of my annoying posts get deleted anyway so I guess its just keeping the mods on their toes and no harm done. :)

Sounds a bit selfish to me...

Yea I'm not claiming I'm not selfish, technically our conversation is off topic as this thread is about being harsh on newbies but I doubt you would consider this selfish of us to be posting our opinions.

Yea I'm not claiming I'm not selfish, technically our conversation is off topic as this thread is about being harsh on newbies but I doubt you would consider this selfish of us to be posting our opinions.

It's on topic, plus it's chit chat. Noobs being selfish is a good example of why people can be harsh on noobs :) To be honest we've seen a lot of "bored" posters like you come and go. Eventually the mods get sick of deleting posts and the user just disappears.

And yet this^^ is possibly the reason some newbs cop what they do !! .

I am trying to remember what I did as a newb and I think I introduced myself answered a few questions of my username then sat on the sideline reading for a month or two so as when I started asking questions I already had a bit of a clue where those answers were taking me .

- - - Updated - - -

And I just looked at my likes and have MORE than 1/2 of my posts :shock:

- - - Updated - - -

Though my rule of thumb is your total "likes" received should be at least half the number of the posts you have made or more! So if you have 10 posts total you should have at least 5 likes... Less than half you are probably not contributing much, have no sense of humour or just posting rubbish.
That and never trust someone who's noggin appears in their own avatar. (though there are acceptations to this rule, like Andy)
I am really not sure what you are talking about? I am not a snake but am definitely not trustworthy.:D
I am also willing to pay for likes!!

Last edited:
Can you pay me via paypal and take care of the fees while you're at it andy lol

Seriously though I don't think there is any way to tell who is more experienced or trustworthy here other than observing and coming to your own conclusion by the info people give in their posts and the way they react when told their info is incorrect. I post garbage sometimes and I still pass your checklist snowman. :p

Can you pay me via paypal and take care of the fees while you're at it andy lol

Seriously though I don't think there is any way to tell who is more experienced or trustworthy here other than observing and coming to your own conclusion by the info people give in their posts and the way they react when told their info is incorrect. I post garbage sometimes and I still pass your checklist snowman. :p

You don't pass my check list by a long shot! haha. What makes you think that you do? To pass you would have to be far more educated than you appear to be for a start. Anyone who states they flood the forum because they are bored cant be particularly bright... Very few people pass, I could count them on one hand most likely..

- - - Updated - - -

I meant this^

I didn't say I flood the forum because I am bored I was just explaining why I make so many posts. According to you I am either a contributing member of this forum or I have a good sense of humour, those are your words so thank you for them. :)

I meant this^

I didn't say I flood the forum because I am bored I was just explaining why I make so many posts. According to you I am either a contributing member of this forum or I have a good sense of humour, those are your words so thank you for them. :)

Wow way to twist words. I said less than half your are probably not.... I never said if you have more that you automatically become those things. You simply aren't written off as quickly. To be those things I'd say you actually have to have closer to 65% likes to posts. :)

If we look at Jamie. Someone with a sense of humour, contributes and doesn't post rubbish... he has 4067 posts and 2966 likes. That puts him at 72.92844848782887%

If we look at someone like you... 206 posts and 107 likes.. that puts you at 51.94174757281553.... So by my rule of thumb it says you don't really contribute, not much of a sense of humor and write a lot of crap... Except for 1.94174757281553% of the time :rolleyes:

You said the mods delete a lot of your posts because they are rubbish and you are just bored..

- - - Updated - - -

Of course as your post count goes higher, it's harder to keep a good ratio of liked posts.

- - - Updated - - -

The longer people have been around the less they seem to post.... after a while you realise the people your giving experienced advise to, half of them aren't listening or are going to be argumentative. Hard to tell this days if your help is just going to get thrown back at you.

Last edited:
The longer people have been around the less they seem to post.... after a while you realise the people your giving experienced advise too, half of them aren't listening or are going to be argumentative. Hard to tell this days if your help is just going to get thrown back at you.

Yeah I agree with that.

See it's all about how you word your posts, anyone can twist it to fit their opinion or view as you have done by claiming I openly admit to flooding the forum with "rubbish".

Plus I'm fairly positive I have a few likes from you. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Wow way to twist words. I said less than half your are probably not.... I never said if you have more that you automatically become those things. You simply aren't written off as quickly. To be those things I'd say you actually have to have closer to 65% likes to posts. :)

If we look at Jamie. Someone with a sense of humour, contributes and doesn't post rubbish... he has 4067 posts and 2966 likes. That puts him at 72.92844848782887%

If we look at someone like you... 206 posts and 107 likes.. that puts you at 51.94174757281553.... So by my rule of thumb it says you don't really contribute, not much of a sense of humor and write a lot of crap... Except for 1.94174757281553% of the time :rolleyes:

You said the mods delete a lot of your posts because they are rubbish and you are just bored..

- - - Updated - - -

Of course as your post count goes higher, it's harder to keep a good ratio of liked posts.

I think you are missing the point lol I don't agree with your little theory about how many people like your posts and I don't think there is any way to truly judge who is experienced enough to be an authority other than reading their posts and the information and facts they provide and then doing your own research on the subject if possible.

The deleted posts I talk about are the ones like in the dusty the bredli scam on gumtree thread, you had posts deleted to but I'm not sitting here claiming your posts were garbage. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back