Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhhh,a striped diamond thingy happening hey,pmsl,its from pure parents,i know the breeder,nice pinky mate,be careful with wild caughts,department dont like that,even if u save them

The open mouth shot looks like its been dodgily photoshopped to look blue and the long toes were the first thing i noticed..
Lol. ..good try though.
actually there has been no photoshopping.it is a pink tongue,with a blue tongue.it will be in my care till it recovers

Spontaneous mutation does occur occasionally. ;) My carpet threw out an unusual morph a couple of years ago. This snake seemed to have larger teeth than a normal carpet, unusual coloured eyes and rough keeled scales.
roughie_male.jpg

so in all seriousness who out there has adult pink tongue skinks with blue tongues.just wondering how rare it actually is

Depends what you call 'adult'. One of mine did not get their pink tongue til 13 months or so, and a few of the others stil haven't.

Happier what do you intend to do with this ,would you breed with blueys as you clame it came from a pair or would you breed it with pinkys as that is what it appears to be...????

I keep an adult male Eastern with a trio of adult pink tongues, and nothing happens, though I have heard from a 100% reliable source of a bluey cross cunningham, though the offspring would almost be 100% mules.

I keep an adult male Eastern with a trio of adult pink tongues, and nothing happens, though I have heard from a 100% reliable source of a bluey cross cunningham, though the offspring would almost be 100% mules.

Rose, S (1985): Captive breeding of Cunningham's Skink. - The Vipera (South Western Herpetological Society, U.K.) 1(8): 14-22

From one of Glenn's bibliographies
Hybridysed breeding of a tiliqua gigas with an Egernia cunninghami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back