Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do you get the rats for 50 cents each?? That sounds pretty cheap, and I'd certainly stock my freezer at that price!
I used to breed my own, but found it too much - particularly the smell - in a block of units. :shock:

A bloke I know from the wildlife park. They are mates rates though!! Saves me a hell of a lot of money! My freezer is always stocked, over 100 rodents in there atm. I keep my mice out in the shed which is aout 30m from the house, so I only have to smell it twice a week for cleaning and I only have 5 breeders.
Cheers

For us it is not an issue. We get them cheap enough to warrant not breeding so can happily avoid the stink and extra mess. We are a business and looking after, worming, trying to coax wild animals to eat dead food which they normally would not, etc etc is enough work for us. Especially wild caught bhp's. But it is a different world over there and what is good for us may not be good for everybody. Still, if you can buy cheap dead rodents of consistent size and quality why would you breed your own. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back