Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It can be done, it is done in some councils in Melbourne.....but the most common comment you get us why should I pay for a service I don't use. We have been discussing this with several local councils around Victoria already and have started negotiating with some of them for contracts!

It can be done, it is done in some councils in Melbourne.....but the most common comment you get us why should I pay for a service I don't use. We have been discussing this with several local councils around Victoria already and have started negotiating with some of them for contracts!

Well there you go.

Why are you arguing with me if you are pursuing this yourself? You really seem to have your negative hat on this weekend.

Not arguing, stating what we have experienced, it's a slow process to change people's mentality especially when it comes to money, it's important to remember that nit all councils think it's workable!

Not arguing, stating what we have experienced, it's a slow process to change people's mentality especially when it comes to money, it's important to remember that nit all councils think it's workable!

It depends how it is implemented. Up here the whole gig (or part of) is funded and contracted out by NTPWS, which means people are paying for it through tax rather than rates. I can understand people gettgin upset about rates going up because that is a bill they have to pay.

It should be funded through and run by the relevant parks and wildllife authority, because that is what we are dealing with, wildlife.

That is the issue, DSE don't want anything to do with that! So it's a little harder here, but as I said, we are making progress!

shut up snake handler. I want to see more capture and release pics.

Stop the bible bashing an get bact to reality (not the text bible one).

You may disagree but try to be less offensive good way to get a infraction

sorry abnrmal91 but the last few pages have hardly relevance to the topic.

How about starting a topic of what the DSE recommend by the bible standards?

If you look back I disagreed as well I was more meaning so you then avoid issues as insulting someone will then fill the next couple of pages with the same stuff

cool dude, you have my back. ( I respect that.)

I just would like a true blue thread that shows people that are doing good and not nitpicking at the hobby and profession that needs to be couraged. Apoligies on my behalf and lets keep to the topic mentioned (no sidetracks).

DSC_6194.jpgDSC_6138.jpgDSC_6185.jpgDSC_6629.jpgDSC_6678.jpgSome of the Eastern Browns relocated from a site in Rockhampton (over 150 snakes removed over 13 days!) in the first three photos and the last two are Pseudonaja aspidorychnaas (once known as Pseudonaja nuchalis, Western Brown) in Prominent Hill Mine South Australia this year.

Last edited:
ok i normally wouldnt post a picture of a Black snake but this one is quite large for a female and was also gravid.and i caught it in a bin full of stuff being thrown out of a house,and it had a cermic basin dropped on it.It required surgery

03022011142.jpg

I got some footage of the release of this happy customer that some nice people found it in their backyard
[video=youtube;0AYe0DeAqAo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AYe0DeAqAo&feature=player_embedded[/video]
released a jacky dragon to but the footage was crap, got some pics though

Last edited:
The tigers always seem to like you. Haha it thought about going you when you touched it's tail. Once again good video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ Rob, yeah, I chased a big copperhead around a skip full of junk once, was a hot day to
Found it in an old rubber tyre in the end, lol.

The tigers always seem to like you. Haha it thought about going you when you touched it's tail. Once again good video
I like to get them into cover when I release here because the raptors are hungry in this particular area. First i show them their new home and their surroundings by holding them up high, (tigers love this). Then I show them their new home, in this case it is a weedy froggy snakey canal that stretches for a few kilometers in both directions.Very safe, if they dont end up as food for the hawk they will a live long time.

Last edited:
cool dude, you have my back. ( I respect that.)

I just would like a true blue thread that shows people that are doing good and not nitpicking at the hobby and profession that needs to be couraged. Apoligies on my behalf and lets keep to the topic mentioned (no sidetracks).

I truly hope everything you have said was an attempt to gee snakehandler up.

Bazz how long have you been relocating snakes you seem to do it so effortlessly it is amazing.

i get called to jobs often where the firebrigade had been,one in particular had 6 fireman demolish the old ladies garden rockery where the snake was hiding,see the snake but were all too slow and it "disappeared".and left the old lady with a smashed garden and snake still at large.Next day saw it again so got a "volunteer" out who looked around and found nothing.so she called my company sydney snake catchers and got me out there,i looked in what was the most obvious place to me right under there nose and found the snake in a cavity where they had demolished the rockery. It was sloughing and had been there all along but all these "trained" people had no idea what they where doing.
Another job in factory i was called too the firebrigade had been and could not identify the snake,it was a Red bellied black snake.
Fire brigade should stick to fires and leave snake catching to the snake catchers.

Hold on a second champ, I never said anything about them being able to identify, the vast majority of them are **** scared of snakes (or members of the shovel club). And I know for a fact that they aren't to "demolish" anything without the permission of the owner. Of course the place it was hiding is obvious to you, because you know snakes. If you were to enter a burnt out house do you think the area the fire originated would be obvious to you? I doubt it.

Not for a second did I suggest that they offer a service anywhere near the quality that you would, and to suggest that would be ludicrous. What they do offer is a service similar in quality to what WIRES supply, and to the best of my knowledge the WIRES course does nothing on identifying snakes (I know for a fact that the course went for two hrs and was run by "cowboys".

If you want to have a more in depth chat, pm me your phone number, I'd be interested to talk to you about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back