Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice tiger Dragon, love that last pic.
Here is a video from yesterday of a copperhead
that didnt survive an encounter with some dogs in a backyard in Frankston.
This burst of Summer weather has been great and it seems to be going to last another week or so.

[video=youtube;L7-ZvkH5MSI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7-ZvkH5MSI[/video]

Cheers

A recent release - apologies for the poor quality pics.

Attachments

• 058B.jpg
    058B.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 060B.jpg
    060B.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 064A.jpg
    064A.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 135
Again pardon my lack of snake identifying ability but what is this one???? I would have thought RBBS but maybe not.

long pale coffin shaped head, keeled scales along forebody.....not something you will see around melbourne.....it's a Coastal Taipan!!

Love the taipan, Firepac. I would love to get called out and see a tai waiting for me.
Thats a cracker pic of a redbelly to Pog, havn,t see one around here for ages.

Last night I was called to local golf club to remove this little guy from the locker rooms last night and this morning, I have to turn over a wood pile in search of a big tiger

[video=youtube;DEe42errSNY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEe42errSNY[/video]

Hi Firepac, Thats the second Tai I have seen in the Whitsundays and been here for over 10 years, Seen only 2 RBBS but close to 100 EBS. Many Callouts to RBBS?

Hi Firepac, Thats the second Tai I have seen in the Whitsundays and been here for over 10 years, Seen only 2 RBBS but close to 100 EBS. Many Callouts to RBBS?

Again not all that many, most have been in the Jubilee Pocket/ Mandalay area with the odd one elsewhere, though I have caught a couple in Airlie itself up Waterson Road.

This boy came from a yard the other day.

Attachments

• DSC_7528.jpg
    DSC_7528.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC_7563.jpg
    DSC_7563.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC_7540.jpg
    DSC_7540.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC_7561.jpg
    DSC_7561.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 73
Called back to the golf club to do a sweep.

I told them it was more than likely just a coincidence that two snakes have been found on the premises in a week but still they wanted me to go through each level and every room, it was not a bad way to kill a few hours on a Sunday morning but all I found was a cold Eastern bluetongue trying to keep warm in a used roll of carpet.

I think they expected me to find an "infestation" of snakes but what I did find was lots of evidence of mouse and rat activity.

While there, I watched a black shouldered kite hover over a green, then drop to the ground and grab something small from the nearby rough, a mouse or a frog maybe..

I love seeing raptors on the hunt.

Oh yes, they have put these signs around the club now to let the punters know what to do.
View attachment 246707

Attachments

• 08042012289.jpg
    08042012289.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back