Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a real snake.
This copperhead got wacked by the whippersnipper but the injuries were minor
so i released it.
Seemed happy to leave.

[video=youtube;gtladZpsrq8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtladZpsrq8[/video]

Black krait and White lipped pit viper
We rescued the viper from a cat
Cat lost but chewed it up a bit
Mongrel of a job stitching it up

Next morning we are daddies
12 born
4 dead but the rest as lovely as mum

Warning
Dont put possibly gravid vens in vivs with sliding doors

Bali Reptile Rescue's Photos | Facebook
click next for the vipers

3 of those little darlings were on the floor in the kitchen
Slipped out of the gap in the sliding glass
4 were still born but maybe premature birth because of the cat injuries???
Mum looking groggy but scoffed two little birds so should be ok I hope

Black Krait is actually bungarus candidas or banded krait
should have regular black and white bands
that is the 4th pure black one in 3 months

rarely even attempt to bite
small thin fangs and very often no obvious signs or symptoms for up to 12 hours
then cardiovascular shuts down so you go to sleep and dont wake up

Last edited:
These two tigers were bumping uglies when I got to them, didnt even see me sneaking up on them.

[video=youtube;_C0-SJGiAkQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C0-SJGiAkQ[/video]

They were released the next day so they spent the night in a tub, cute huh

This is not a post..

- - - Updated - - -

just some more fluff

Attachments

• saz.jpg
    saz.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 64
  • sad.jpg
    sad.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 66
  • rd.jpg
    rd.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 61
  • tg.jpg
    tg.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 60
  • tgd.jpg
    tgd.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 59
  • chead.jpg
    chead.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 66
  • c6.jpg
    c6.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 62
  • ggd.jpg
    ggd.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 429145_370099186353272_1706992112_n.jpg
    429145_370099186353272_1706992112_n.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 405568_370099809686543_153482202_n.jpg
    405568_370099809686543_153482202_n.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 58
  • muj.jpg
    muj.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 59
  • a8.jpg
    a8.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 55
  • cscs.jpg
    cscs.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 57
  • za.jpg
    za.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 54
  • pc.jpg
    pc.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 57
  • zaaq.jpg
    zaaq.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
It's rare to get called out to brownsnakes on the Mornington peninsula and it makes a nice change from tigers and copperheads.

I had to dig this one out of the sand behind this rock wall.

Nice snake, but in shed, so im waiting for him to finish before i release him.

A sample of the shed skin is being sent to the museum for future possible study of the EBS populations here.

Hopefully, we will be able to determine wether the EBS pop here is a naturally occuring one or wether it was translocated.

There have been brown snakes in Boneo and the back of Rye documented since the 70s. Looking forward to getting pics and video of the freshly shed snake when we release it.

This bit of footage was taken by the client as Kaz wasnt there to film.:-(

[video=youtube;djIyGkV83U8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djIyGkV83U8[/video]

If anyone else has seen browns this far south Id love to hear about the sighting

Ive caught heaps of browns north of Melbourne an in SA and NSW ect but only caght a few down here.
The attitude of the few I have caught here seems a lot more laid back and less nervous than the ones further north.
I spose the further north you go, the more active and the more defensive snakes become.
Just an observation, but I need to see more browns here so I am going to try to organise a proper field trip to try to get an idea of the snakes in this particular area.
Documenting the varios species, their interaction with each other andany other info I can get.
Should be interesting and Im going to try to enlist the help of local snake catchers as well.

Hey everyone lovein the story's from all of you. Just wondering if anyone's from the upper hunter Nsw or knows somebody that is I need to get a brown caught and moved away from a mates house. She's worried about her young kids gettin bit while there playin in the yard. If I can't get it moved I think she'll get it killed and don't wanna see that happen if i can help it

I'm really frustrated at the moment, I just had a girl post a photo on Instagram (photo social network) with a man holding up a dead snake saying "thank god it's dead" and "eww" I said that the snake didn't have to die, it could have been removed, it makes me so sad that people are like this, it's not that hard to call someone for help in removing the un-wanted guest :(

Another beauty mate. I had no luck with the google search lookin for a snake catcher up here. Guna try npws tomorrow and hope they can help

I'm really frustrated at the moment, I just had a girl post a photo on Instagram (photo social network) with a man holding up a dead snake saying "thank god it's dead" and "eww" I said that the snake didn't have to die, it could have been removed, it makes me so sad that people are like this, it's not that hard to call someone for help in removing the un-wanted guest :(

I share this sentiment as well. I push education education education. At every opportunity educate people that generally snakes (we mostly get browns) are only looking for mice. Unfortunately many of the general public take pride in telling snake killing stories. Overtime you will make a difference though and sometimes I am surprised by the people that call me rather than running for the shovel. It is worth it, keep positive. We might not save every snake but I am happy that the ones we do rescue have been given a second chance.

[video=youtube;TsVviVuxmgo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsVviVuxmgo[/video]

This is the release of the battle scarred brownsnake I caught in Boneo.

Pretty laid back brownie really, hardly danced at all,

but then i think the ones further North are more jumpy than these Southern ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back