Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks mate , i hope the outside ends up looking good aswell , i wanted to see how good i could make a enclosure look that was made from a pallet that would have been thrown out . Im still deciding if i should stain it with rosewood stain than clear it or if i should just clear it , what do you guys think ?

cheers nico

awsome mate looks great i personly stain my enclosures personal preference but havent adventured to making back grounds yet looks intresting but :), sooo jelous of the b&w's your getting lol

thanks suzpect , i think the stain will give it a rustic sort of look which i like .
i have the B&W's now , they have settled in but its taking a bit of time getting them onto rats , they were fed on small chickens before i got them and have only had 1 rat so far , i am going to up the temps a bit and try them on qualls .
P8250298.jpgP8250291.jpg

cheers nico

ya i agree top effort is it hard doing back ground? they are so nice whats the nature of them like?

ya i agree top effort is it hard doing back ground? they are so nice whats the nature of them like?

It depends on how much effort you want to put in , this is the most detailed one so far and has taken heaps longer then others i have done plus this is the only one i have built in the enclosure which has made it harder to work on . If you want to give it a go the easyest way to learn is try doing a simple one first , start with a sheet of foam glue a few bits of foam to it and let loose with a blow torch ( outside and have water ready incase it gets out of control) than build it up with water/pva glue/mortar mix and paint , if you dont want to paint it you can add oxides to colour the mortar . heres a basic one i did for a mates berdies .
beardie tank.jpg

The jungles are really snappy in there enclosure , but i had them out the other night and they seem lots calmer towards me when im holding them .

cheers nico

well done Nico looks great..Have to get onto my one for the olives. cheers got me inspired

Nico,
been following this thread since day 1.
Great job mate.

thanks mate , I think my next project will be getting a big double door wardrobe and converting it for betty , she is a big girl and i think she would enjoy it . Im quietly crapping my pants about getting her of her eggs :) maybe she will be a good girl and just climb of them for me .
ps. did you get a pic of the monster jew ?

cheers nico

nico give me a call and ill come over n give you a hand taking her off the eggs, is your incubator up n running i got everything i need for mine just need to get a new drill bit and i can slap it all together
Incubator is running atm and sitting on 31 quiet well

new male
PA200872.jpg
I know its not a jungle but he just shed and i had the camera handy :) His a male hypo i got from baden
PA200868.jpg
This is one of my favorites he is so calm and relaxed and still hasnt tried striking me yet i got him from fishead
PA200869.jpg
This is my daughter with her jungle (george)that was given to her by channi ( thanks heaps again :) ) , she is so happy with him , his pretty calm aswell and enjoys being out .
PA200866.jpg

cheers nico

I scored a couple more pallets last week and slapped this one together , no back grounds for this one yet , i might do one later . Still a few coats to go on this one , ill put some pics up when its finished .

cheers nico

PA210879.jpg
PA210882.jpg

it still needs some trims put on it but i have a tennant waiting to go in there so the trim will be put on later .
PA240899.jpg

thanks mate , ill have to add some pics of the recent ones i have :)

cheers nico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back