Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

basketcase

Reaction score
ever had a herp get out?

if so what was it, and if you found it where did you find it?

had a stimmie get out once my male SA. i didn't even know, i was just sitting in my bedroom and a little snake moves across my room.....lol, was pretty funny at the time i wasn't expecting it. was pretty lucky to find him cause the snake aren't in my room and if my mum found out, i think it would be good by snakies..lol

The guy next door used to hang meat in his trees for the butcher birds, and one day i heard birds going off hardcore and the bloke called out to me,
one of my massive male EWD had escaped out off the pit and was eating the meat out of his trees, poor old guy nearly had a heart attack when he saw that.
Caught the EWD with a pool net and put him back in the pit.....

I had a diamond get out once when a little nephew didn't close the lid, It was gone for 6 days, I just turned all the lights out and turned the aircon up to 30 degress, went out for a while then when I got home it was nice and dark/warm and it was sliding through the living room!!! But I was lucky :lol:

Had an ewd hatchy go on the run, climbed the wires to dvd/tv and i found him hangin out behind telly. My darwin (as yearling) escaped and I found her in a box of videos colied up in same room, luckily! :D

About 5-6 years ago an 8ft diamond got out of its enclosure and was loose in my house for a few months. Found it again just before we moved, behind a china hutch. You would think an 8ft diamond would be easy to find! :shock:

Also, one time I was having a dream about being bitten on the finger by a snake. When I awoke I realised it wasn't a dream, my childreni had escaped and was having a midnight snack.

On a snaking trip up in the NT with a mate we collected some death adders for venom research. We arrived back at my mate's place in the early hours of the morning and we were very tired so we decided to leave the snakes in the bags and sort them out after a sleep. The next morning apon checking the bags we realised one adder was missing. After a bit of frantic searching my mate picked up a pair of his shorts and out dropped the adder right next to my bare foot. Lucky the adder dropped out before he put em on! :lol:

Had my first snake ever (a stimmi) escape in January this year, unfortunatley i never found him :(

My first escape was on Sunday cause i didnt close the door fully mainly because i was showing my snakes to my uncle
I came home from work on monday didnt even know he had gotten out I walked in the garage and saw a sudden movement duck back between some boxes so i had a look and thought it was strange how the tail colour was the same as my murray :shock:
I looked up saw the gap in the doors and new what had happened i got him out not that he wanted to come out he was fighting me all the way

I am just glad i walked in there when i did :)

My Adult female childreni escaped and found her in my reptile room wedged under my UHF radio. Had a small male childreni escape about a month ago, but havent found him yet, Im not giving up either.

i was playing with my little vitti girl, she fell asleep on my tummy, i thought should i put her back......but she looked so comfortable so i kept watching my TV show... and dozed off woooops

woke up couple of hours later and she was gone.....after 6hours of disassebing my house i found here behind the TV cabinet covered in spiderwebs.

all was well though

LAMU

I had a 8ft Carpet escape about 18 years ago. The following Sunday I got a call from the church next door - the Python had settled itself above the top of the chruch door. Needless to say they reminded me about it everytime they saw me.

hi,
we lost a hatchling maccie 2 years ago, looked everywhere, had given up hope, tryed everything, even left boxes down with fuzzys in them, in the end about 2 weeks after losing her, mum was washing her hands late one night after a toilet call, and seen it heading to the back door, one scream later and a rush half asleep, we had her back in her encloser, only luck saved her from getting outside under the back door, the scream was to wake us up as she was very snappy and mum was just getting used to handleing snakes......

cheers,
steve........

Two darwins (4 ft.) managed to bust out of their isolation enclosure. Lucky I arrive home not long after as I found one with milky eyes sitting on top of the enclosure and the other half way up the curtain.

I lost a diamond last year when my girlfriend left the enclosure open a crack :evil: and never foud him. I tore the place apart several times and told all my neighbours to keep a look out.

Hopefully he is still alive and terrorising neutral bay residents.

My neighbours have had their coastal hatchling escape 4 times in the last 3 months. It keeps turning up in odd places after a few days. They also had a file snake get out at the same time their olive got out (this year) and after about 4 days they found both sleeping under one of the kids beds.
Now they believe me how much of an escape artist these things are.

Gee's.... I hope I never have any of the escapes that you guys and girls have had...
I am only a newbie and as yet havent had one of my coastie's escape yet. Though, I thought one had the other day..... searched the 4 ft tank for the two of them, found one but couldnt find the other... Searched both hides... Looked in and under two small logs I have in there... Not to be seen... I thought bugger this. He surely cant have escaped so i started stripping everything out of the tank... Low and behold , one of them had dug into the crushed walnut shell (Desert Blend) and dug himself a small hollow underneath a rock.. First Place I Will Be Checking Next Time..

The bloke I got my snakes off, said that the larger one escaped, when he was a hatchy and was missing for a couple of weeks. They found him curled up in an old chip packet when they cleaned the place up.

Two olives, 1 week and 2 weeks, Carpet rescue about 6m ago. Living down the road somewhere now. Showed up about a month ago when there was a lot of sun on a cold day but gone when rescuer got there.

ps, photo by caller.

Linus, We picked up a diamond in the carpark at the Big Bear. It had unfortunatelty been either run over or gone through the fan belt and had to be put down. Was last year and was about 1200mm long. hope it wasn't yours.

One of my colleagues had a 1.5 m brown get loose in his car. Couldnt find it so drove around with the aircon on full for 6 weeks. Never showed up.
(suddenly clicks, I just put 2 and 2 together and solved a mystery))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back