Exciting Pairing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldnt say these are rip offs of the real thing, these are real aussie jags(different to the origanal jags) and IMO have alot more potential then the OS jags as we wont be getting jag sibs.

Technically these are not jags just an almost identicle color morph. These ones have been line bred, ture jags are Leucistic hets.

that doesn't answer the question?????

whats the difference between these 2 snakes and a usa jag?

by the way joel, great lookers, and well done,

i wouldnt say these are rip offs of the real thing, these are real aussie jags(different to the origanal jags) and IMO have alot more potential then the OS jags as we wont be getting jag sibs.

who do you come to that understanding

different genetics, these have been line bred over time to produce where as the origanal jags in OS collecters were just a random mutation. Breed 2 US jags and you will get Leucistics produced in the clutch, as far as i know these aussie jags are not Leucie hets

there is absolutly no reason why we cannot produce jags in this country , we have the tools !
the yanks have just got a huge head start on us!

J Land ur on the road to making Oz Jags a reality so are a few others, big congratts!
Its gonna happen but i dont think we should call them jags, thats the Yank name for our Pyths, we can name our own version when they get here and when they do , the hole hybrid debate is gonna get chucked out the door.
Way of the future peeps , u got cross em to make em !

who do you come to that understanding

as i said from what i have read these are not the same mutation as the OS jags, OS jags are het for leucism, as far as i understand these aussies are a mutation like stirpes and not the result of a recessive mutation.

didnt say they were, just sed it was the way of the furture !
u quoted me urself , read it !

as i said from what i have read these are not the same mutation as the OS jags, OS jags are het for leucism, as far as i understand these aussies are a mutation like stirpes and not the result of a recessive mutation.

ok, i'd love to read that, any links so i can,

don't get me wrong, i think these are stunning, i'm just interested in how you know what they are, if you can look at them and 100% tell me they aren't reccessive to leucism then your better then me,

they are the closest aussie snake i have seen to a usa jag ever,

jags are my favourite ever reptile, so i know exactly what they are and all about the leucism death gen,

joel you know how to contact me when you have some hatchys avalable 4 sale,

Its not from a single article or discussion but from the overall pic, i may be wrong but i have never heard of leucistics or jag sibs being produced in aust.

Its not from a single article or discussion but from the overall pic, i may be wrong but i have never heard of leucistics or jag sibs being produced in aust.

do honestly believe somebody would admit to that if they had? that would be admitting they had illegal imported jags?

They weren't imported (I assume anyway :lol:), so they're not heterozygous for leucism, making them not jags. They look like jags, but they're genetically different from the jags overseas.

do honestly believe somebody would admit to that if they had? that would be admitting they had illegal imported jags?

not if they were a true line of aussie jags, that statment basicly says OS has the only true, leucistic het, jags and therefore backs up what i was saying about these not being leucistic hets but a stunning mutation not dissimilar to stripes or B&G jungles

i'm not saying they are imported, and to be honest, i'd buy them either way, what i'm saying is how can anybody tell from those pics that they are any different to this pic,

(ps, not my pic, i stole it from an overseas site,)

Attachments

• DJJ2nd_6m.jpg
    DJJ2nd_6m.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 117
I never said i can tell by looking, all i was saying was that they are not the same mutation as the jags the yanks and europeans are breeding.

not if they were a true line of aussie jags, that statment basicly says OS has the only true, leucistic het, jags and therefore backs up what i was saying about these not being leucistic hets but a stunning mutation not dissimilar to stripes or B&G jungles

but that doesn't prove anything?

were you there when these hatched?

how can what u said back up that they aren't het for leaucistic,

only the breeder can really know 100% what they are,

I never said i can tell by looking, all i was saying was that they are not the same mutation as the jags the yanks and europeans are breeding.

again i'll ask you, how do you know?

i'd love to see the parents pics, and what about the clutch mates?

very simple question?

i'm going by what i have heard and that is that the line of "jags" produced in aust are not het for leucism, no doubt they have been imported at some stage but if they were i doubt joel would be openly displaying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back