Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually thought he was talking about Australia at first because that's what it was like here before licensing came in in 97. (Except it was illegal to keep them here).
It's an interesting idea but how do you prove it pre-licencing?

Turtles (1 X 5 years) = 50 points
Lizards (2 X 5 years)
(8 X 4 years)=420 points

Snakes took a while to work out as my collection has continually grown and I had to work it out year by year.I haven't done maths that hard since I finished school. :lol: I reckon some one like Bob Whitey would have a hard time working out his total.
Not including pre-licensing days 490 points.
Also, I reckon Venemous should be worth more points or it should be broken up into Venemous and Non-Venemous points.
Who else will post their (verifiable) points?
Cmon......let's see them.

This pasage in article remind me APS.

The new class of "experts" is mostly comprised of well-read snake-loving people with strong interests and a few snakes. Some "experts" have read and memorized every printed word written about some particular species, they are veritable walking encyclopedias with only one or two entries. We have met people that can quote passages from some of the old Vivarium articles we have written as if they were Scripture.

Wander if they have Monty in America.

Not worth posting mine Greebs... all and sundry know I am still a newbie, I'm the first to admit it. ...but I am keen to hear about others calculation though, so here goes:
2 snakes for two years + 2 snakes for one year = a miniscule 6

I also agree that you should specify say, pythons or elapids distinctly, and not lump them all in together... as all know, pythons only for me...

My first snake was 16 years ago when I was 18.(NO internet in those days)
Unfortunately I got rid of my snakes when I got a dragon instead and only got back into the hobby after they legalised it.

Not quite Slatey old boy, it is a lot bigger now though so it must be true what they say about they never stop growing :)

By the way I haven't posted my snake years cos I haven't read about it yet :)

I used to have a chart Id made up when I was about 15(early 70s) so that I could feed all the reptiles I had with some sort of efficiency. There were about 300 animals(include many small skink and gecko species, turtles etc) on it. I regret having that many animals now as I was not able to look after them properly and many died.( Fortunately for them I moved to Queensland)
I lived in Melbourne and a lot of sub tropical and tropical species were sold in pet shops without any information on them. There were very few books and like the article said, very few older people willing to share infomation. Id have welcomed some armchair experts in those days. Even herp keepers at the zoo would give you deliberate misinformation.
I suppose hands on is great but only with the knowledge that others can supply whether through books or someone else on the internet.
Peter

That makes you the master, all hail to the master. :wink:

Very good. "Lord of the Idiots" is more likely.
Just can't help noticing that a lot of ppl who post on every other thread, seem to be avoiding this one.
Nicole fessed up to her score of 60 but she never pretends to be something that she is not.

Well I'm an apprentice still 3 snakes 2 lizards less than a year, can I score points by being nice? Also not counting pre licence days as a youngster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back