Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't take Parkos comment to heart. Anyway there a a few people who have posted more points which made me feel a bit better.
I still can't help noticing that some of our younger members that are so quick to put down other members have completely avoided this post.I wonder why that would be?

What a crazy rating system. According to Dave Barkers method I have between 10,000 to 20,000 years experience. Funny, I know I am feeling my age, but geez, not that much:))

Bob

LOL Bob.
This thread is created just to give some people chance to show off.
How is your back? Your miss is protecting you from me badly. No chance to get you on phone last week. Hope you are better now.

Slatey,

Its a lot better now. When you rang last week I could not have gotten out of bed even if I wanted to. Sorry about that:)

Bob

Why do you think people are showing off Slatey??
I actually found this thread useful to gauge which members are actually speaking from experience and which ones are talking from their poo generating area.
Everybody knew from the start that Bob would have the most points.
Being old is not a crime.

i liked the last paragraph on that Barker site. I haven't even had a half a snake year!

But we have had 5 years of 6 Beardeds. That's 30 Dragon years. My kids may agree ive had at least 30 dragon years lol
I like to know who has had experience. Please keep bragging lol
Mudmum

crap i must have no snake years lol. ive had 1 snake for 10 months lol. oh and my 2nd snake for 1 month...i dont know how to calculate that but im guessing its really small! ok nobody listen to any advise i give lol :?

About 100 points, for what it's worth. I would agree with Greebo (and the Barkers too for that matter) that it's not a half bad idea to have some sort of gauge when sifting though advice. Lot's of people, myself included, while never claiming to be "experts", tend to speak/write in a definitive tone. While there's nothing inherently wrong with that, it can lead to people placing more value to advice or opinions than may be due. While of course no score can make bad advice good, or vice versa, and someone with no real experience can certainly be 100% right, it is relevant and helpful to know if someone is speaking from experience or just quoting something they've read or heard.

Slateman said:

No Slatey, that's not why I created it.
I found Barker's concept to be genuinely intetetresting and wanted to know what others thought.

Discovering the wide range of experience levels at APS is also good and reminds us what a varied community we have.

Cheers,
Nic
:)

Sorry for the comment Nick. I meant nothing serious by it. Just pet talk.

ive had 1 snake for 10 months lol. oh and my 2nd snake for 1 month

If ya staple ones head to the tail of the other we'll let you have one point :)

OK Guys, you've sucked me in now... How do I calculate this thing anyway? Is it one point per snake per year ?

I promised myself I wouldn't do this but if people are getting some value from it then perhaps I should?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back