Facebook.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

naledge

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Everyone with a Facebook should join my brother's fanpage:

Streamlyne | Facebook

One of his songs was played on the Triple J Hip-Hop show a couple of weeks ago. He's been in the charts a lot on TripleJUnearthed as well.

He'll have an album coming soon too, I think he's just waiting on the artwork really.

Anyway you should all check it out. His music isn't about guns and drugs like most rap music.

Listen to Lost, One Life, I'm Sorry, Window Pain and Stop Pretending. They're all very deep songs about things such as Suicide, Holocaust, Child Abuse and Gender Roles.

Even if you don't like hip-hop, you should give those songs a listen, they might just surprise you.

I don't care what the lyrics are about, hip-hop isn't music.

Haha howcome? You can understand the lyrics of Hip-Hop better than in Metal music. And the beat of Hip-Hop is more traditional than Electronic. So it should be called music just as much as those two genres.

LOL is that why it's recognised at every music store, music awards, radio stations etc etc.... who's living in pre 1979? LOL Quick some one pull him into 2010 where there are many genres of music!!! ;)

True, its actually a culture involving four elements (DJ, rapping, graffiti and breaking). There is such thing as hip hop music though.

I hate hip-hop myself but I wouldn't be so negative to say it wasn't music. Sort of like country, haha. It is what it is.

Good luck to your brother.

Thats because you wouldn't have the slightest idea what music is.

Naledge your brother is pretty good, I'm sure Ive heard of him before.

Haha howcome? You can understand the lyrics of Hip-Hop better than in Metal music. And the beat of Hip-Hop is more traditional than Electronic. So it should be called music just as much as those two genres.

Where did I say anything about Metal or Electronic? How many members in your brothers band and what instuments do they play?

Where did I say anything about Metal or Electronic? How many members in your brothers band and what instuments do they play?

I never said you did. I was using them as examples, if you think hip-hop isn't music than you must think metal and electronic isn't music either.

Wait... wait... so now you have to have a band for it to be called music? Sorry I never heard of Mozart and the wiggies, Bach and the dawgs. Music was traditionally played by one person, bands came in later. If anything it's multi-member bands that aren't musicians.

Get your thinking cap on here Travisty, because I'm going to use another example. A lot of electronic musicians don't have a band or play instruments either. Hell, most pop and mainstream music have beats created by software, just like hip-hop. The only music genres that don't are metal, rock and country. So, are they the only ones allowed to be called music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back