falling on there back

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...
Today I saw my male bredli fall off his hide on his back, he sat there for about 2minutes before lifting himself back.. While I was away for a couple days my mum saw my female do this aswell. After reading about all these 'viruses' that have been wiping collections out I'm getting a littled worried (paranoid :rolleyes:). I heard there was a sign if they did this that they could have it? I'm really worried :| do you think they just fell accidentally and its a coincident ?

the fact that he sat upside down for abotu 2 mins is the worrying part.

the fact that he sat upside down for abotu 2 mins is the worrying part.

That's what I thought... While he was like that his tongue and head was moving.. just took him a little while to 'roll' over..

one of my children's is like that. it hasn't fallen but if it's put back in the enclosure it will sit however it goes in for a min or so before slowly moving away.

That's what I thought... While he was like that his tongue and head was moving.. just took him a little while to 'roll' over..

its hard to say dave, obviously if it is cold that may be reason why it would take so long. as well, try it with them grab the snake and pop it on its back if it lets you, if it sits there that isnt the best if it rights itself quickly that is good. but overly, you've got dr bob donnelly there so if you worry just grab an appointment to put your mind at rest.

its hard to say dave, obviously if it is cold that may be reason why it would take so long. as well, try it with them grab the snake and pop it on its back if it lets you, if it sits there that isnt the best if it rights itself quickly that is good. but overly, you've got dr bob donnelly there so if you worry just grab an appointment to put your mind at rest.

I was going to do that, but I thought if I went here before calling for a appointment tomorrow morning and someone could tell me what could of happened I wouldn't of bothered. the weird thing was they both did it about 2days apart.

I was going to do that, but I thought if I went here before calling for a appointment tomorrow morning and someone could tell me what could of happened I wouldn't of bothered. the weird thing was they both did it about 2days apart.

it is a little weird, and yeah i would be rather worried myself, its not un common for snakes to fall off there perches, but yeah is everythign else normal with the little guys. not other probelms.

it is a little weird, and yeah i would be rather worried myself, its not un common for snakes to fall off there perches, but yeah is everythign else normal with the little guys. not other probelms.

Everything else is normal, temps are right.. They have two hides water bowl etc. Male has no branches yet but the female has one. Female fell off hot end hide male off cool end.. Male has aspen (and the cool end hide was a little uneven so it could of tipped) but the female is on paper towels so theres not as easy to tip over. So I'm not sure :?

Everything else is normal, temps are right.. They have two hides water bowl etc. Male has no branches yet but the female has one. Female fell off hot end hide male off cool end.. Male has aspen (and the cool end hide was a little uneven so it could of tipped) but the female is on paper towels so theres not as easy to tip over. So I'm not sure :?

eating fine? only thing im thinking right now is possible lack of strength. but my brain is like mush after the last couple of weeks at work. obviously symptoms like this can be associated with the dreaded viruses, but that would be like me saying your dog has an osteosarcoma just because its limping.

eating fine? only thing im thinking right now is possible lack of strength. but my brain is like mush after the last couple of weeks at work. obviously symptoms like this can be associated with the dreaded viruses, but that would be like me saying your dog has an osteosarcoma just because its limping.

The female has never refused a feed.. I fed her like 1hour after she was in my care and ate it in less then 3minutes.. Fed her today and took a fuzzie no problems.. Male has only had 1 feed in my care (I only got him like 9days ago) and it was a dreaded night getting him to take his first pinkie (But he would of been under stress and was to focused on trying to 'kill' me but he took it after getting some tweezers and wiggling it again)

The female has never refused a feed.. I fed her like 1hour after she was in my care and ate it in less then 3minutes.. Fed her today and took a fuzzie no problems.. Male has only had 1 feed in my care (I only got him like 9days ago) and it was a dreaded night getting him to take his first pinkie (But he would of been under stress and was to focused on trying to 'kill' me but he took it after getting some tweezers and wiggling it again)

id say they are probably doing allright then, but if you are worried id go see bob. cant hurt anyways. but everythign else sounds like they are doing well, and i dont think there are any other symptoms pointing to anything is bad.

id say they are probably doing allright then, but if you are worried id go see bob. cant hurt anyways. but everythign else sounds like they are doing well, and i dont think there are any other symptoms pointing to anything is bad.

Ok thanks. I might book an appointment anyway. They seem ok tonight, active and moving around. It could just be the lightboxes aren't strong enough and tipping over.. The female likes to lay on the side of the lightbox hide.

Ok thanks. I might book an appointment anyway. They seem ok tonight, active and moving around. It could just be the lightboxes aren't strong enough and tipping over.. The female likes to lay on the side of the lightbox hide.

i think and hope that you find there is nothign wrong.. but you cant put a price on peace of mind.

i think and hope that you find there is nothign wrong.. but you cant put a price on piece of mind.

Me too. I am SO paranoid after reading about opmv/ompv or whatever its called.. Don't want to bring more reptiles in and they all drop dead :?

Question, have you quarantined your male? It's quite possible he's brought in a disease which has affected your female. If you haven't implimented quarantine measures, then you could have handled your male, then handled your female and passed it between them then.

Question, have you quarantined your male? It's quite possible he's brought in a disease which has affected your female. If you haven't implimented quarantine measures, then you could have handled your male, then handled your female and passed it between them then.

No, I didn't and I which I did.. There same from the same breeder and I would believe that he wouldn't have the disease... I trust him 100%

Just because they came from the same breeder does not mean they don't have a disease. I suggest quarantining the male and completely isolating it from the female and anything else you might have. Make sure you handle the male as little as possible, don't touch him then her (or you bearded) or if you do, wash your hands with something strong in between. Also make sure you clean his enclosure last.

The fact that they're doing the same thing within two days from one another suggest something other than coincidence. If it were me, I'd make sure I had an appointment tomorrow. It's so much better to be safe than sorry.

Just because they came from the same breeder does not mean they don't have a disease. I suggest quarantining the male and completely isolating it from the female and anything else you might have. Make sure you handle the male as little as possible, don't touch him then her (or you bearded) or if you do, wash your hands with something strong in between. Also make sure you clean his enclosure last.

The fact that they're doing the same thing within two days from one another suggest something other than coincidence. If it were me, I'd make sure I had an appointment tomorrow. It's so much better to be safe than sorry.

I realise that.. the male has only been handled twice in 9days and never have touched her after though.

There are other ways that a disease can spread. As I said, I'd isolate him from the female and everything else. If it were me, he'd be living on the other side of the house right now.

There are other ways that a disease can spread. As I said, I'd isolate him from the female and everything. If it were me, he'd be living on the other side of the house right now.

If I knew about all these things before I got into reptiles I would never of bought any.. This is awful :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back