falling on there back

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting thread. Yeh I reckon it is better not to panic until you have something to panic about but being overly cautious is not a bad thing, since when as any one been charged for being to concerned for their animals welfare:).

If we all knew everything about keeping reptiles we would never get started simply because of the time it would take to learn all there was to know.

He just fell off again.. I found him on his back again and both his hides were in the middle.. I don't know what he is doing :rolleyes: he likes to sleep on the side of the hides..

TAKE HIM TO THE VET. if your mum wont help you with the vet charges, talk to the vet. im sure he/she will work something out with you, like paying it off or working it off by doing jobs around the vet surgery

TAKE HIM TO THE VET. if your mum wont help you with the vet charges, talk to the vet. im sure he/she will work something out with you, like paying it off or working it off by doing jobs around the vet surgery

I am, I'm taking him first thing tomorrow morning.. The vet said he is doing over time or something today... So he said to take him to tomorrow.

Dave please make sure you let us all know what the vet says as I am sure that we will all be interested.

Dave please make sure you let us all know what the vet says as I am sure that we will all be interested.

I will. I will take all my reptiles in.. I don't really care if it costs me all my spare money to make sure there ok..

i wouldn't worry too much at this stage. while there is a chance there is something wrong there is also a good chance that they are fine. as i said my childrens does a similar thing and it is as healthy as.

i wouldn't worry too much at this stage. while there is a chance there is something wrong there is also a good chance that they are fine. as i said my childrens does a similar thing and it is as healthy as.

Yeah I know.. I'm driving over to the vet now with him anyway.. should I take the female/dragon in tomorrow too?

He has gone.. should I ring emergency number?

He has gone.. should I ring emergency number?

isnt open on sundays mate. if you are worried then call the after hrs number but it will cost more. depends really, or wait till 2morro morning.

isnt open on sundays mate. if you are worried then call the after hrs number but it will cost more. depends really, or wait till 2morro morning.

My mum did.. it says all 'wildlife' should contact him monday morning.

My mum did.. it says all 'wildlife' should contact him monday morning.

lol that means wildlife not your pets dude. heheheh it just means he will not come in after hrs to look at a possum that some has run over.

Is the snake displaying any other signs? is it tongue flicking, and the way it moves is general is it moving normally or can you notice anything odd.

With my water python i noticed the way she was moving her whole body just wasn't normal, i also noticed that she had stopped tongue flicking. This was what made me realise she wasn't good.

lol that means wildlife not your pets dude. heheheh it just means he will not come in after hrs to look at a possum that some has run over.

oh.. Well my mum just went out :rolleyes: that's what she thought it was :lol: I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow..

Is the snake displaying any other signs? is it tongue flicking, and the way it moves is general is it moving normally or can you notice anything odd.

With my water python i noticed the way she was moving her whole body just wasn't normal, i also noticed that she had stopped tongue flicking. This was what made me realise she wasn't good.

No.. he moves fine... tongue flicks everything looks right..

I just filled there water bowls all the way to the top.. both have there heads in drinking :?

l had a young coastal fall and wack his head on a rock . For 3 - 4 weeks he behaved very weird then slowly improved till he is fine now . lf l had taken all advice to heart l would have huge vet bill or mabey even have put him down . Two snakes falling could just be coincidence . Dont panic .

I've had snakes that would occassionally fall of their perches - it would give me quite a fright. I still have those snakes, several years down the track. I wouldn't be too concerned at the moment, particularly as they have not shown any other symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back