Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scorps

hey all do people feed cats to their snakes i have never done it (or even thought about it) but like do people seriously feed the kittens and stuff to their snakes or is it just mucking around when people say it can i please have serious answers only :)

crap sorry for the bad heading i am using a cordless key board and its running out of batteries and it stuffs up letters when its like this and i didn't check it my bad sorry every one

G'day mate,

It does happen, but not with any regularity. As long as they are euthanised humanely, it is perfectly legal to do so.

We don't feed cats to any of our reptiles, not from a moral standpoint, but for public relations - it doesn't go over well with cat lovers!

Cheers

Jonno

I'm sure there are sickos that do all sorts of weird things, all you have to do is look on YouTube, but no, feeding cats to snakes is not common practice.

I don't feed anything kittens but have heard of people doing it before (not anyone I know personally).

Allana

ok thnks i am not really a cat fan but i still dont think i could do it lol :)

I sure hope not...

Although when you think about it, it's really the same as feeding rats and mice to our snakes. They're both mammals, one is just a little bigger than the other. I'm as attached to my pet rats as I am to my beautiful cats, a snake's gotta eat unfortunately:lol:I'd still never feed cats to a snake...

I dunno why, but it seems really mean to feed a kitten to a snake. Yet the idea of feeding a pinkie mouse doesn't bother me. Weird huh!

if I catch the cats that keep sneaking in under my house to terrorize my rats >: :D
if owners can't keep their cats contained, they're fair game :D

hey, I'm not allowed to let my rats and snakes out after all ;)

I've never done it before but we have found abandoned newborn kittens (from ferals) on our property a couple of times in the past. If I ever find them again, instead of the RSPCA this time, they will get a quick, humane death, be frozen for 6 weeks, and then I would have no problem putting them to good use.

I think that sums up my thoughts on the matter, I have no problem with cats kept as pets (we have 2 at my house, INDOORS!!!) but if they are running wild and especially if they're born in the wild, they are nothing more than a feral pest, on par with a cane toad!

if I catch the cats that keep sneaking in under my house to terrorize my rats >: :D
if owners can't keep their cats contained, they're fair game :D

exactly!!! if its ok for a cat to eat a bird, then its ok for my snakes to eat a cat!

we no u all will feed a cat to a snake
would any1 feed a puppy to me they are on par with each other

Im not an avid cat lover but thats just wrong

Im not an avid cat lover but thats just wrong

Rat fanciers say the same thing about using rats as food.
Rats are clever, cute and clean animals that many people keep as pets, yet we have no problem using them as snake food. Cats are nasty, dirty animals that many people use to kill wildlife, what's the diference?

did anyone read that story on the news a few weeks ago where that guy in the US got jail time i think 3 months for oiling up and feeding a live puppy to a boa constrictor?

we no u all will feed a cat to a snake
would any1 feed a puppy to me they are on par with each other

its completely different!

dogs dont leave their yards without supervision, unlike cats who roam anywhere they please and kill as much wildlife as they can......

its completely different!

dogs dont leave their yards without supervision, unlike cats who roam anywhere they please and kill as much wildlife as they can......

i dont no about that i see alot more dogs roaming the streets then cats
like ppl have been saying rats are the same as cats as dogs as goats and cows

not that many would feed there cow to a snake but im sure it will happen some were
:D

jst read the link and it wasnt the acked of feeding the snake, i think it was more the cooking oil and the kids watching him that got him jailed, id say he had a long record with the cops too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back