Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with Rennie, they are just a larger prey item for your snake. The puppy thing was a live puppy from memory and was done for fun in front of some minors this I disagree with. As long as they are killed humanly and I am sure it doesn't have diseases parasites, or been poisoned I have no problem with feeding them to my snakes.

cats are feral pests!(not all but alot). At the farm i work at we find about 3 or 4 lots of feral kittens a year, would all you cat lovers like us to leave them there to increase the feral cat popluation and help decrease our native wildlife popluation? i dont feed them to my snake but i do get them killed and im not sorry one bit, i wouldnt feed them to my snake cause god knows what diseases they carry. id love to see regulations come in about owning cats, like you have to keep them in an cat aviary and they have to be desexed unless your a breeder, as there are strict laws for dogs.

I am just waiting for somebody take the extra step and cross the line in this topic.
It always happens.

I dont like cats at all....... but i've only got a 7 month old bluey....maybe i should get a snake:lol:

I probably love cats more than most people, but I do agree they're becoming a pest and killing our native wildlife. There's a lot of irresponsible owners out there who don't bother to desex their cats and they let them roam free and multiply, so there's hundreds and thousands of cats and kittens out there miserable and starving to death on the streets and full of deformities from inbreeding etc. I, personally, would not feed a cat to a snake BUT a quick humane death and then fed to a snake is A LOT better than letting it starve on the streets and feed itself by killing our wildlife, or killing it and leaving it to rot in a garbage can. At least by feeding it to a snake you're putting it to good use and not "wasting" the earth's resources.

Just my 2cents.

Rat fanciers say the same thing about using rats as food.
Rats are clever, cute and clean animals that many people keep as pets, yet we have no problem using them as snake food. Cats are nasty, dirty animals that many people use to kill wildlife, what's the diference?

nice to see your impartial view Magpie ;)

its completely different!

dogs dont leave their yards without supervision, unlike cats who roam anywhere they please and kill as much wildlife as they can......

I don't see any difference at all, if you don't have a problem feeding cats then why would there be an issue feeding dogs.

I had a guy ask me to take a kitten off his hands and feed it to my croc once. :lol:

I didn't do it. Kittens seem to domestic. However, I may be moving up the road to my dads soon and if his pest of a pet cat comes wandering....:evil: lol

I wonder if these people who would not feed cats to their reps would be happy to feed young rabbits or hares to their reps.

Or better yet, if kittens could be bought frozen as feed who would buy them. I probably would

I wouldn't feed either a dog or a cat to a snake but if I did i can see that it would be harder to feed a dog because dogs are mans best friend and are much more loving and dont just love anyone like cats!

Dog, cat, rat, rabbit, doesn't matter, if killed humanely, they are all food. Just like Chickens, Cows, Fish, Sheep, Kangaroo...

Dogs are mans best friend that's why we don't think ill of them and would never dream of using them as a prey item

But most cats are viscious nasty germy sly evil things just waiting to pounce on native wildlife...or anything else that moves

Sandee :)

I see it as a real waste on euthenasia day at the RSPCA when all the feral cats just get buried or burnt. I recon they should be frozen and used for reptile feed... or fertiliser.

Dogs are mans best friend that's why we don't think ill of them and would never dream of using them as a prey item

That's why you can buy them for human consumption in asian markets ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back