Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Its unreal how we grow up with a fear of snakes, I really didn't hear much about pythons, we only remember the vens I think.
I think I'll get beyond the scare factor, as I am so intriged with her. maybe thin gloves are a good idea, to just get used to the strikes mmmmmmm dunno especailly for girl hands LOL
i wouldn't touch bree without gloves to start. then i took them off and she bit me. i was like.. huh?:shock: then i laughed!!!! no blood, barley felt it. i thought "gee, that's what scared me for so long"? ahahahah. it's amazing. but the truth is i would much prefer them to bite me young, as to bite me when they're 4 years old!!!!! ouch

That's great that she is feeding. I got my first python last week and I tried feeding him too soon, as he hadn't eaten in a while. But he was obviously far too stressed to eat, now I'm leaving him be for a few weeks before I try again, but I won't be happy until he eats! Same as you it probably would have been better to get a snake that is defnitely eating well...but I love the little guy as you obviously do yours. Congrats! :)

Thanks. i had next to no idea what i was doing. i love reptiles, so when i saw the chance to get a python it was like YES, YES.. YES!!!!! i didn't ask much, stunned at how cute she was, and that she looked so nice, then i took her home.. and well you know the storey. what python, sorry? and how old?

He's a childreni, 9 months old. Underfed and super snappy! He bit me plenty of times and "rammed" the enclosure as well. It's really difficult to just leave him alone, especially as he is way overdue for a feed, but hopefully it works out for the best.

Also, i'm not sure if i mentioned this but, he gave me no info, just that she had a feed a few day's ago. on the phone he told me he would give me some pinkie mice to take home, so i knew the size and all that, but when i got there, i felt like i was being rushed, and i got no mice. even though he showed them to me... he claimed to be the head reptileonist at australia zoo, until a few months before i got bree.. so i am not sure if it was a lie, but i still love bree. and she is just so loveable.

He's a childreni, 9 months old. Underfed and super snappy! He bit me plenty of times and "rammed" the enclosure as well. It's really difficult to just leave him alone, especially as he is way overdue for a feed, but hopefully it works out for the best.
from a breeder? or pet store? sounds sad. and sounds like bree when i got her! sucks. i really hope he get's better. how long since you bought him?

From a pet store, who got him from a good breeder. I brought him home last Saturday. I'm not too worried if he stays snappy as logn as he isn't to stressed, and as long as he feeds!

try feeding him sooner than later. he may feel better with a full belly. when did you last try? i'd give it a couple more day's. then try. what would you give him? and a pet store? wow. they should have kept him longer. if he had problem's. pics?

I've been advised by someone with a fair bit of experience that I should just leave him be for a few weeks. I tried to feed him on the first day as the pet shop owner said I could give it a go (he told me they were deliberately only feeding him every few weeks), then I tried 3 days later. Pinkie mice. This is the lil guy:

Attachments

• Link.jpg
    Link.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 29
he's beautiful. feeding him every few week's? well, it just seem's kinda bad. unless they were feeding him larger food. but am beginner. :) so yeah.. has he got a name?

This thread is about your python, not mine! Hehehe. His name is Link (hoping he doesn't go "missing", named after a couple of characters I like).

Last edited:
i see you like the emperor's new groove. pretty funny. fine. back to the topic then.. bree... bree.. bree... she love's my shirt? lol

Hahaha. Yeh I could chat about TENG but probably better in Chit Chat!
"Squeakin."

HAHAHAHAAH^^^^ funny you. good movie. have not seen it in a while. wanna though. chit chat does not work on this computer. suck's eh? ahahaha... "squeakin".... bree!!!

use bigger mice instead of pinky rats.

PS my bredli eats like this. It's a dream to feed, shes so gentle I love her <3

use bigger mice instead of pinky rats.

PS my bredli eats like this. It's a dream to feed, shes so gentle I love her <3

yeah? at first i was not sure if that was a problem if they don't snap the food. but i have been told so many times it's fine. just, has your's always been a gentle calm eater?

bout to feed bree her first fuzzie... wish me luck. here is another pic. just taken yesterday. she's realy dark, has not shed in a long while. i think she needs one.
bree023.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back